HRSS & Payroll Manager- 12 month FTC
To lead the HR Shared Services Team in the delivery of day to day activities that relate to the employee lifecycle. To review and re-engineer core HR administrative processes to ensure they are fit for purpose both short and long term. To lead, create and deliver against SLA's to ensure a consistent service provision to managers and key stakeholders across the business.
Well known business
- To account manage the outsourced payroll provider to ensure high standards of customer service and accuracy in the payroll and HR processes.
- To manage the internal HR Shared Services Team and provide them with support and direction.
- Simplification and creation of internal process maps, procedures and controls.
- To support the HRIS Team in the successful management of Employee and Manager self service.
- Develop deep understanding of client needs and service requirements to be able to achieve design and delivery of effective systems.
- Take responsibility, work with and seek value from suppliers to simplify transactional activity.
- Liaise with functional heads and managers to ensure that HR good practice is undertaken company-wide
- Develop a HR presence in the business. Maintain an awareness of colleague/management issues and provide guidance and action as appropriate.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of all relevant legislation, implementing new or changed policies and procedures to ensure that the company meets its legislative requirements
- Contribute to specific colleague projects that simplify existing business processes or procedures.
- Day to day management of the HR Shared Services team, administration and processes.
- Delivery of learning /development activity activities as and when required.
- Support operational HR on an adhoc basis with operational HR activity.
Human Resource Information System (HRIS)
- To ensure personnel records are accurately maintained.
- To produce accurate and meaningful reports for the Senior Management/Executive Teams
- To implement and manage SLA's for key HR processes and procedures.
- To ensure the provision of support and assist where possible in providing 'help desk' for day to day Human Resource (HR) queries.
- Acquire a high level of HR knowledge on policies, procedures and HR Group Standards.
- Manage the preparation of documentation in respect to the recruitment of new employees i.e. pre-offers, offers of employment, verbal/written reference requests, follow-up documentation - contracts of employment, company cars, fuel cards, pensions and Healthcare and the like.
- Maintain department files (e.g.: Pension, Life Assurance, Death in Service, Medical, Legal etc). correspondences and personnel files, taking necessary action where required
- Support the team in the generation, distribution and collation of annual HR processes, including annual salary reviews, bonus scheme reviews, succession planning, benefits provision, annual staff and executive benefit renewals and auditing, up-dating/producing new HR policies and procedures, due diligence work as required
- Manage projects linked to HR Shared Services and Payroll activities.
- Support the HR team with the updating and branding of policies, forms, intranet update, and HR process improvements.
- Ensure accurate Pension Administration in conjunction with the outsourced payroll provider.
- Salary review preparation and support for operational teams
- Ensure all third party payments are managed effectively.
- Account management of third party providers e.g. childcare vouchers
In addition to performance of these essential functions, this position may be required to support any and all other reasonable job duties as assigned, with the amount of time performing each function to be solely determined by the Head of HR based upon the particular requirements of the company.
The knowledge, skills, qualifications and experience relevant to the position are:
- Experience of managing a HR Shared Services team.
- Experience of high level payroll activity and compliance.
- Experience of people management and leadership.
- Demonstrable experience in HR administration and first line advice.
- Excellent level of computer literacy and experience in HR systems
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- To be credible and able to establish excellent working relationships quickly with an ability to influence well
- Self-starter, well organised, detail orientated and assertive with a high degree of positive energy and drive
- Excellent skills in time management, organisation, coordination, customer focus and a friendly, helpful disposition
- Capable of diplomatic and poised communication with all levels of Team Members and Management
- Experience handling confidential information with complete discretion
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Attained or working towards CIPD or CIPP qualification or recognised equivalent
- Previous experience of iTrent and Business Objects reporting.
- Available to start mid July