Standalone, dual HR & Talent Manager
Standalone, dual HR/ Talent Manager role with an award winning creative agency based in Barbican. This is a dual role working with local Leadership to drive the talent pipeline, and advising Line Managers and employees on a range of everyday ER queries.
Award winning creative agency with circa 30 employees in Barbican.
Driving the talent strategy and recruitment programme for the London.
- Taking direction from the business plan to build a pipeline of candidates with the right skills and
- Sourcing direct candidates on LinkedIn, social media and job sites, aiming to reduce Agency spend on
- Manage the website and social media platforms, writing copy and job specs, and devising new and
inventive ways to increase speculative traffic. This will include briefing the creatives on the new
instagram and LinkedIn posts and campaigns, and finding ways to use case studies, images and collateral
to increase traffic to our website and positively stand out against competitors.
- Carrying out initial telephone interviews to scope candidates, and depending on the role, in the room
interviewing. When requested preparing sample questions and interview frameworks.
- Keeping accurate records of candidates / building a speculative talent pool in line with GDPR
requirements. Being able to report on recruitment activities at any time.
- Building a comprehensive knowledge of the local labour market including salaries, skills and changes
within our competitors. Maintain salary benchmark data including competitive / local salaries.
- Lead the Learning and Development strategy. Identify L&D needs, source providers, secure budgets,
build relationships with providers, run training sessions. Keep creativity and inspiration running
throughout the programme.
Managing Employee Relations
Providing guidance to Line Managers and employees across their life cycle in line with employment law and
- Managing the on boarding of new employees; preparing offers and contracts, administering new starter
paperwork, answering benefit queries
- Working with local Line Managers to support new starters throughout their probation period, and to
steer them through the formal probation review process.
- Advising on and administering the full array of Company benefits, working with the leadership team to
explore new benefit options on a regular basis (and where relevant, reviewing and creating new
employee policies based on benefit provisions).
- Providing advice and guidance to employees and Line Managers across maternity, paternity and flexible
- Advising employees on routine queries eg. holiday, sickness absence, benefits.
- Coaching Line Managers through disciplinary, capability and termination processes so that they may
learn to develop in their roles.
- Manage the leaver process for employees and advising Line Managers on their responsibilities. Carry
out exit interviews for all leavers
Management of core systems and processes
- Manage the administration and delivery of the bi-annual salary review process.
- Working closely with the Finance team to ensure all employee records are kept up to date and monthly
salary adjustments are captured.
- Manage the Performance Development review (annual appraisal) programme.
- Previous experience of working in a HR role with a strong leaning towards talent management
- Ideally our candidate will have worked in a SME or Agency environment
- First class interpersonal skills with good written communication skills
- Tenacious and a problem solver
- Exceptional project management and organisation skills
- Ideally CIPD qualified
Standalone, dual HR/ Talent Manager role with a creative an award winning creative agency based in Barbican with recruitment and generalist responsibilities.