Director of Human Resources
Unique international opportunity, Public sector green space role - 4yr contract
Favourable tax regime, island jurisdiction, enviable work/life balance
About our client
The Falkland Islands Government
The Government is focused on their people and ensuring that there are policies, procedures and systems in place to meet the potential challenges of a growing economy.
At the helm of people management will be this newly appointed Director of Human Resources, leading a small team and working with senior management to create a robust and effective people management infrastructure.
Appointing a high calibre and proactive individual within the senior management team is crucial to the government. This key hire will be at the front line, tasked with a multi-disciplinary focus. The Director of Human Resources will work across the various government departments to implement streamlined protocols; compensation and benefits, employee engagement, succession planning, and strategic and operational methodology.
Understanding that stakeholder management is key, the Director of Human Resources will possess exceptional interpersonal skills.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Policy Development
- Providing sound HR advice to managers within a complex multi-disciplinary environment
- Developing, mentoring and managing work flow for staff
The Successful Applicant
A sense of adventure is an absolute must for this role. Based in the South West Atlantic, the successful Director of Human Resources will be a dynamic individual supporting approximately 700 staff. The location affords both a one of a kind opportunity. More information on housing and relocation is available through our specialist Offshore Team.
Expertise in the public sector and a highly political environment will be essential to success. The Director of HR will possess:
- Professional Qualification - MCIPD/FCIPD or equivalent
- Successful experience in strategic planning in a political, public sector and government environment
- Proven track record in effective management of a wide range of staff and resources
- Savvy stakeholder management - managing relationships and expectations
- Sound budget experience
- Experience in reward management
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbally and written
- Pragmatism and be a proactive team player
What's on Offer
4 Years Contract, Competitive Salary + Annual Gratuity + Relocation + Benefits
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Contact: Emily Nunes
Quote job ref: 14010867