Start up HR Manager
We are looking for a Senior HR Manager who can make our company an employment destination for the top talent in our industry.
To provide a comprehensive HR service which ensures that managers and employees are equipped with best practice to foster a high performance culture and help the company grow fast.
A fast growing, nimble consultancy business based in the City of London.
- ER Management and administration of complex employee relations casework including dispute resolutions, disciplinaries, attendance, compliance, grievances, absence, retirement and redundancy.
- Apply HR and business knowledge to provide strong decision support and initiative to help drive better return on human capital and continuity and alignment with the culture and business goals and growth stages.
- Advise managers on the terms and conditions of employment, employee handbook, policy and knowledge share best practice with them.
- Develop HR policy and procedures to drive behaviours, performance and mitigate disputes or risk.
- Implement learning and development policy, frameworks and manage execution.
- Provide first line advice on current and existing benefits for employees and managers.
Work on reward strategy to align to the business plans and execute systems.
- Provide advice and systemise recruitment, retention and selection strategies.
- Deliver a full on boarding service including delivering impactful new starter inductions.
- Lead, Manage and drive talent, organisational design, retention and succession planning.
- Drive alignment between HR strategic plans and business goals.
- Continuously monitor and review HR policies and processes and implement changes for improvements and compliance where required.
- Participate in the implementation of specific projects, policy, procedures and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals and culture of the organisation.
- Support change management processes with proactive HR planning and actions.
- Coordinate resource management meetings and help management identify resource requirements and implement a requirements and hiring management system.
- Systemise and coordinate employee performance score cards and development and improvement plans.
- Prepare letters, contracts, file management and all administration on HR software.
- Administer payroll and payroll records and keep accounts appraised of any changes.
- Communication, negotiation and supportive feedback skills, credible at all levels
- Extensive HR generalist experience expected and in a small entrepreneurial business scaling up.
- Exceptional organisational and communication skills is required together with agility to work in a fast time dimension and with rocks.
- High reasoning and ability to simplify the complex and position the message to different audiences.
- Suitable and sufficient knowledge of employment legislation and its application.
- Experienced in developing and supporting line managers through change and growth.
- Enthusiastic, Self-motivated and able to work under own autonomy and collaborate as part of a team.
- Demonstrates flexibility and energy in scaling up the business eg Comfortable to switch from strategy to tactics to admin and from planning to execution.
- Can operate on own or as a HR team function as the business scales.
- Highly resourceful, self-starter and adept at difficult or conflict situations.
£50,000 - £60,000 plus benefits