HR Business Partner
- Full Time
The role partners directly with the leaders of faculties and departments, providing an effective HR service with responsibility for developing and implementing local strategies for attraction, retention, engagement and the development of people in line with the overall People Strategy
Our client is a leading University based in London
Specific Duties Include
- Develop and implement people strategies to support the attraction, retention, engagement and development of all staff in their agreed business area
- Manage succession planning and talent management, utilising existing and new methods to ensure a diverse talent pipeline
- Support with the recruitment of senior roles including co-ordinating effective attraction and selection campaigns.
- Work with line managers and the central Equality, Diversity and Inclusion team on improving the diversity of the senior population.
- Work with line managers and the Organisational Development team on local training/development plans to ensure retention and good succession.
- Work with line managers to ensure appraisals and 360 degree feedback exercises are carried out effectively, and good performance is recognised and poor performance is addressed.
- Support organisational change with the senior team, utilising support as appropriate from the Employee Relations team.
- Support and advise line managers in the consistent application of procedures and policies across the full HR agenda.
- In conjunction with the wider HR team, train and coach line managers as appropriate on the full spectrum of people issues.
We're looking for an HR Business Partner with the following capabilities:
- Significant level of experience and skill acquired in a HR Business Partner (or equivalent) role
- Experience of working in an HR generalist role in a complex organisation
- Experience of workforce planning, succession planning and talent management
- Experience of developing and implementing an HR strategy with demonstrable evidence of the subsequent positive changes
- Experience of improving engagement and retention of people
- Ability to coach and influence a range of senior stakeholders is essential
- CIPD or similar qualification is desirable
6 Month Contract, ASAP start, salary circa £55,000 dependant on experience