Your new company
Hays HR are recruiting a HR Advisor to join a very successful manufacturer in Cardiff. You will provide HR support, guidance and advice to all managers and employees. Reporting to the HR Manager. You will be responsible for maintaining the high level HR service at all times.
Your new role
- Support recruitment and selection of all permanent and agency positions, from advertising vacancies, contacting candidates, arranging and participating in interviews, creating employee files and collecting documents
- Support on-boarding and deliver inductions and probation reviews
- Coach and guide managers on HR issues, including policies, procedures, employment legislation and best practice
- Support ER cases, carry out investigations and attend disciplinaries
- Lead on site's absence management, including recording, monitoring and reporting on absence, guiding managers on absence levels, organise and attend informal meetings
- Guide on maternity and paternity issues
- Conduct exit interviews
- Support HR projects to drive business improvements
- Implement strategic HR projects
- Produce HR reports and metrics
- Together with Occupational Health provider, deliver the Health Surveillance Programme
- Represent and promote the organisation at events
- Promotion of strong, effective Employee Relations
- Learning & Development schemes (designing and delivering through internal and external partnerships)
- CSR activities and implementation
What you'll need to succeed
For this HR Advisor role, you will have all round generalist HR experience, ideally within a manufacturing environment. A CIPD or relevant HR qualification is desirable. You will be an excellent communicator, with strong interpersonal skills and have the ability to build relationships. As HR Advisor, you will be organised, well able to multi-task and meet deadlines. You will enjoy working in a busy environment, and have a proactive approach in order to drive business developments. Excellent IT skills and a strong knowledge of HR systems are essential for the role. Strong HR Project and Change management experience. Microsoft Word and Excel, PowerPoint (Essential). Publisher and SharePoint would be an advantage but not essential. Ability to work with limited supervision, understanding the importance of absolute discretion and confidentiality. Excellent communication skills and the ability to work with a multitude of different personalities and cultural backgrounds
What you'll get in return
Competitive Salary + Benefits.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.