Director of Human Resources
A very unique opportunity, within the Falkland Islands Government, for a Director of Human Resources, tasked with developing the wider public sector people focused infrastructure. This individual will be part of the government's senior leadership team and work across disciplines with stakeholders at all levels.
The government in the Falkland Islands
The Falkland Islands Government is focused on their people and ensuring that there are policies, procedures and systems in place to meet the potential challenges of a growing economy.
At the helm of people management will be this newly appointed Director of Human Resources, leading a small team and working with senior management to create a robust and effective people management infrastructure.
Appointing a high caliber and proactive individual within the senior management team is crucial to the government. This key hire will be at the front line, tasked with a multi-disciplinary focus. The Director of Human Resources will work across the various government departments to implement streamlined protocols; compensation and benefits, employee engagement, succession planning, and strategic and operational methodology.
Understanding that stakeholder management is key, the Director of Human Resources will possess exceptional interpersonal skills. Other responsibilities will include:
- Policy Development
- Providing sound HR advice to managers within a complex multi-disciplinary environment
- Developing, mentoring and managing work flow for staff
A sense of adventure is an absolute must for this role. Based in the Falkland Islands, the successful Director of Human Resources will be a dynamic individual supporting approximately 600 staff. The location affords both a one of a kind opportunity and an enviable work/life balance. More information on housing and relocation is available through our specialist Offshore team.
Expertise in the public sector and a highly political environment will be essential to success. The Director of Human Resources will possess:
- Professional Qualification - MCIPD/FCIPD or equivalent
- Successful experience in strategic planning in a political environment
- Proven track record in effective management of a wide range of staff and resources
- Savvy stakeholder management - managing relationships and expectations
- Good budgeting awareness and experience in reward management
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbally and written
- Pragmatism and be a proactive team player
Competitive Salary + Benefits + Relocation