The role has both operational and strategic elements, while also people management of the HR Advisor, HR officer and 2x assistants.
The client is a busy not for profit organisation with an excellent cause. They are Edinburgh based and seeking a new manager to join their team.
Key responsibilities include;
- support the head of HR with the development and implementation of the people strategy
- manage, support and motivate directly managed staff to consistently deliver high standards
- ensure timely and accurate provision of HR advice and support managers on policies, procedures, and practices to ensure adherence to consistency of approach, compliance and contractual arrangements
- oversee ER casework ensuring each case is actioned in line with policies, and a fair and consistent approach is adopted
- manage individual caseload including complex and escalated cases
- have operational oversight of HR system (Cascade)
- undertake work on key HR priority projects in line with best practice/fit
The successful candidate;
- be CIPD qualified
- track record of success in developing and implementing HR processes and practices
- experience of working with HR systems and producing MI
- people management experience
- good working knowledge of employment law and data protection legislation
- strong planning and organisational skills, attention to detail
- project management and change management skills
- effective analytical and problem solving skills
On offer for the candidate is a busy and varied role with a competitive salary.