Interim Head of HR
The Interim Head of HR will enable the achievement of the organisation's objectives by ensuring a strategic approach to HR issues, promoting good management practice and providing a comprehensive HR support service globally.
Our client is an International Charity based in London
The key duties for this role are to:
- Provide strategic advice to directors and managers in the organisational implementation of HR policy and best practices and identify the HR requirements needed to meet organisational objectives.
- To lead on the development and implementation of the HR strategy in addition to the development of HR policies and processes to meet organisational objectives.
- Take responsibility for ensuring deployment and robust HR practices in humanitarian responses.
- Advise regional and country offices to ensure compliance, understanding and application of local employment law in their local terms and conditions and HR practices.
- Lead the delivery of the organisation's pay and benefits, by participating in salary surveys and analysing/interpreting pay and reward data to advise senior stakeholders on remuneration
- To give appropriate advice and support to managers of international, national and UK based staff in relation to best practice, the implementation and interpretation of policies and legal issues.
We're looking for an Interim Head of HR with the following skills and experience:
- CIPD qualified to Chartered Member or equivalent experience
- Substantial senior experience in human resource management in an international environment
- Experience with supporting and advising managers in a global matrixed environment
- Proven track record of leading, developing and managing a HR team
- Experience of developing a HR strategy
- Significant experience of working with employment laws and practice in Africa, Asia and the Middle East
- Experience of leading on change management processes
- Coaching, developing and mentoring senior management to enhance their people management skills
- Experience in delivering training on HR policy and practice.
- Proven ability of human resource planning
- Ability to function with a high degree of autonomy
- Willingness to travel internationally
3-6 Month Daily rate contract, up to £300 per day (LTD/Umbrella) dependant on experience