Graduate Development Executive
One of the leading international law firms are currently recruiting for a Graduate (Trainee) Development Executive. You will work alongside the other Trainee Development Executive and report to the Trainee Development Manager.
Happy to consider a Trainee Development Assistant looking for a step up into the next level of role where they are taking more responsibility for managing Trainees themselves - they could come from a hybrid grad rec / trainee development role but they must have legal experience.
The team are looking after circa 150 in the firm and circa 60 at law school.
The purpose of the role is to support the Trainees through their GDL and LPC and to manage placements, secondments and qualification processes of the trainees to ensure the continuing success of the firm. As well as being to go to HR person for current trainees for all there HR requirements.
Candidates for this position must be/have:
- Degree-educated, or qualified by experience
- Previous trainee development experience in a law firm
- Able to work collaboratively in a team, but also be comfortable working on their own
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, written, spoken and presentational and upward communication skills
- Confident and proactive - prepared to take a hands-on approach to managing their workload and using their initiative
- Excellent attention to detail and good use of grammar
- A willingness to provide feedback, share information, contribute ideas and suggestions as necessary and take ownership of work
- Able to build strong business relationships with internal and external contacts and the resilience to deal with demanding individuals
- Experience of working in a diverse team, while fostering an inclusive team culture
- High level of professionalism and integrity; displays the highest standard of ethics
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Packages (in particular Word and Excel).