Volunteer District HR Officer x 3
No one should die because they needed first aid and didn’t get it. St John Ambulance teaches people first aid so they can be the difference between life and death, and you can help us do this. We are looking for 3x HR professionals who wish to volunteer with us in Buckinghamshire, Berkshire and Oxfordshire.
As a District HR Officer, you will support your district based volunteer managers to do the best possible job of managing volunteers, working as part of the District HR team. You will do this by advising and coaching managers in the use of policies and processes relating to recruitment, development and any conduct issues that arise.
- Assist the district manager in raising the standard of leadership across the district
- Provide a single point of contact for HR related queries within the district
- Assist in the effective handling of all volunteer discipline and grievance issues, including mediation as necessary
- Actively participate in the recruitment and retention of area managers and unit managers for your district
- Train managers in the use of the volunteer development review (VDR) process and ensure it is applied effectively
- Assist the district manager in measuring and increasing volunteer productivity (including volunteer recognition)
- Proactively engage in improving volunteers experience of SJA
- Carry out specific projects as needed – e.g. volunteer attrition in a unit/area
- Perform any other duties commensurate with these responsibilities, the management level of the post and skills and qualifications of the post-holder.
Expected time commitment: 32 hours a month (primarily 8 hours per week)
For more information on this role, please contact Paul Strickland, District HR Officer firstname.lastname@example.org
From your initial application of interest, you will be invited to apply online
The closing date is Friday 21st June 2019 and interviews will be week commencing Monday 1st July 2019.
This is a volunteer role and is unpaid although there are some expenses that may be claimed. This role is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.