HRA Advisor/Cardiff/£30,000 - £35,000
Your new company
Hays HR are working exclusively, with a Manufacturer based in Cardiff, looking to appoint a HR Advisor. This vacancy has been created due to an internal promotion.
Your new role
As HR Advisor you will provide HR support, guidance and advice to all managers and employees. Reporting to the HR Manager, you will be responsible for maintaining the high level HR service throughout the business. Your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting recruitment and selection of all permanent and agency positions, from advertising vacancies, contacting candidates, arranging and participating in interviews, creating employee files and collecting documents
- Support on-boarding and deliver inductions and probation reviews
- Coach and guide managers on HR issues, including policies, procedures, employment legislation and best practice
- Support ER cases, carry out investigations and attend disciplinaries
- Lead on site's absence management, including recording, monitoring and reporting on absence, guiding managers on absence levels, organise and attend informal meetings
- Guide on maternity and paternity issues
- Conduct exit interviews
- Support HR projects to drive business improvements
- Implement strategic HR projects
- Produce HR reports and metrics
- Together with Occupational Health provider, deliver the Health Surveillance Programme
- Represent and promote the organisation at events
What you'll need to succeed
For this HR Advisor role, you will have all round generalist HR experience, ideally within an Engineering, Aerospace or Manufacturing environment. A CIPD or relevant HR qualification is desirable. You will be an excellent communicator, with strong interpersonal skills and have the ability to build relationships. As HR Advisor, you will be organised, well able to multi-task and meet deadlines. You will enjoy working in a busy environment, and have a proactive approach in order to drive business developments. Excellent IT skills and a strong knowledge of HR systems are essential for the role.
What you'll get in return
Competitive Salary + Benefits
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.