Manager - Leadership Development & Talent Management
The purpose of the Manager - Leadership Development & Talent Management role will be to deliver and embed the leadership curriculum using a blend of external vendors and internal delivery methods. They will manage Executive Coaching arrangements for senior leaders, High Potentials and Peer Learning Group programmes and Organisational Effectiveness regionally for EMEA/APAC.
Our client is a leading Financial Services group that provides a broad range of actively managed investment strategies and solutions for individual, institutional and corporate clients around the world.
Leadership Development and High Potentials Programme
- Working directly with the Director - Talent Management, Global Asset Management and Global Talent Team, manage and execute all aspects of leadership development, including the High Potentials programmes, Peer Learning groups, leadership development curriculum, Organisation Effectiveness and Executive coaching.
- Leverage global programmes/content where applicable to deliver internal content working in partnership with Director, Enterprise High Potential Programs and Development and the wider Global Talent Development Team
- Deliver leadership development workshops with or without psychometric tools as required; for example: Situational Leadership, Insights and Meyers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI)
- Manage Executive Coaching assignments including setting up coaching agreements, transitioning employees off coaching when agreement is ending and coordinating Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDAs)
- Deliver career management and development planning training - focusing on mobility, skills development, progression and promotion pipeline
- Support HRBPs with employee engagement initiatives and 360 assessments, including the employee satisfaction survey.
- Effectively manage external vendor relationships including contracts, vendor risk assessment processes in accordance with GDPR
- Effective day to day supervision of the Talent Development Administrator in regards to coordination and administration of events and programmes
- Support the Director - Talent Management, Global Asset Management with all budgeting, invoicing and production of MI in relation to areas of responsibility
Learning Delivery, Change/OD consultancy and Facilitation
- Effectively manage relationships with HRBPs and key business stakeholders to interpret development requirements and prioritise development needs that support overall business objectives.
- Consult, design and facilitate delivery of team effectiveness interventions across the business
- Deliver consultancy support to leaders with team's undergoing change, supporting education on change and leading related team effectiveness interventions.
- Serve as a key contact for the e-learning development offering, supporting user experience and ensuring it is marketed and communicated appropriately to drive usage.
- Design and manage the Investment 2020 assessment centre in partnership with senior leaders, HR Business Partners and the Talent Acquisition team.
- Lead the project to transfer our mandatory e-learning onto 'Ameriprise University' Learning Management System.
- Ensure high level of satisfaction and quality across business areas based on timely delivery of effective and engaging development solutions utilising robust evaluation methodology
Talent Manager and Performance Management
- A core responsibility of the whole Talent Team is the seamless delivery of the annual performance management cycle through the Talent Manager system. The Leadership Development & OE Manager will, as directed by the Director - Talent Management, Global Asset Management, support the seasonal requirements of the annual performance cycle, and in particular deliver related training for employees and leaders.
- Actively collaborate and support the wider Talent team ensuring best practice, resources and experiences are shared
Manager - Leadership Development & Talent Management
- Similar talent development role at this level or related role - ideally experience working in a Learning and Development / Talent or training team
- Full training cycle experience (training needs analysis, design, facilitation, delivery and execution and review, with awareness of current L&D trends - key focus is on highly skilled facilitation, as a large amount of content is already designed).
- Experience of designing and developing leadership and core curriculum programmes / High Potential events / team effectiveness interventions. Also capable of updating and innovating existing programmes
- Very strong training, presentation and facilitation skills
- Experience of psychometrics and/or qualified in some assessment tools (for example Insights, Situation Leadership II, Hogan) - and well versed at helping recipients interpret results, understand development opportunities and build actionable development plans
- Experience of operating and delivering in a complex, fast paced global financial services firm (or equivalent) with multiple stakeholders
- Able to influence senior stakeholders and globally based colleagues flexing style and approach as required
- Tenacious, solutions focused, positive and resilient with the ability to overcome obstacles and challenges and remain agile to changing business needs and priorities
- Excellent time management and organisational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities at once with multiple senior stakeholders in Lines of Business and HR
- Strong financial services background preferred.
- Sound academic background, degree level or equivalent
- Knowledge and/ or experience of databases, systems and reporting
- Coaching qualifications advantageous
A competitive salary and benefits package for a Manager - Leadership Development & Talent Management