Employee Engagement Manager
We are excited to be collaborating with a global manufacturing and distribution business based in St Nets. The business employs 350 employees in the UK across 3 sites.
About the role:
Reporting to the Head of HR, you will be responsible for leading the employee engagement initiatives across the business. You will be the people champion, ensuring the values of the business are lived on a daily basis ensuring that all the people and culture related activities are focused on supporting their people.
• Leading future improvements in colleague engagement at within the business, developing and delivering a programme of colleague engagement activities across the company and championing dialogue around engagement.
• Working closely with other senior management and other stakeholders to build strong relationships and unite colleagues around the organisation's vision and values.
• Working in partnership with our Heads of Department to ensure our people live by our values and act as ambassadors for our brand.
• Monitoring, reviewing and reporting on colleague engagement for leaders across the business to help understand engagement in their area and areas of focus.
• Planning and facilitating colleague forums across the business to aid the formulation of relevant action plans to improve engagement in each area.
• Champion greater cross-departmental collaboration. Design and deliver people engagement strategies, focused upon driving positive engagement outcomes.
• Support the L & D Manager to delivery on brand training that is aligned to the engagements strategy.
• Develop and deliver an internal communications strategy that engages colleagues and promotes the organisation's vision and values.
• Manage and deliver the monthly internal newsletter.
• Plan and deliver a colleague incentive programme across the organisation in conjunction with key stakeholders.
• Driving our engagement survey; managing the submission process and ensuring that the feedback is reviewed, prioritised, agreed and acted upon and becomes part of the people agenda.
Required skills and experience
• Extensive experience operating in an Employee Engagement role where you are able to think strategically but is also able to roll up your sleeves when necessary.
• The ideal candidate will have previous experience in organisational culture, diversity and inclusion, EVP and employer branding.
• Proven ability of bringing fresh ideas, passion, energy and motivation to an organization.
• Able to demonstrate development and implementation of successful engagement campaigns and initiatives, with outcomes that were measured.
• Demonstrable understanding of communications techniques coupled with the ability to evaluate, influence and champion engagement.
• Assured, confident individual who is able to win people's commitment and buy-in.
• Excellent written communication skills; an ability to prepare and proof read materials is essential. Strong computer literacy, particularly in MS Word and PowerPoint.
• The ability to work with detailed data and present clear and engaging analysis of the findings to different audiences. Diligent with attention to detail.
• Ability to demonstrate strong organisational and project management skills.
• Must have the ability to work unsupervised and on their own initiative and also as a key part of a team towards achievement of shared objectives.
• Experience of facilitating workshops & focus groups for colleagues at all levels.
• Previous experience of engagement surveys.
• A natural collaborator, able to influence senior management, and connect with and communicate effectively with colleagues of all levels.
• Excellent organisational and time management skills, with ability to deliver high quality work under pressure.
• Flexible and mobile and prepared to travel across our 3 sites in Cambridgeshire and Bedfordshire with international travel as necessary.
What's it like to work there?
This organisation is featured in the 2019, one to watch listing in the Best Companies engagement survey results, this is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to build on these results.
In return, you will receive the following:
• Rewarding salary package
• Contributory pension scheme of up to 5%
• Opportunity to buy & sell holiday
• Gym membership discounts
• Contributory hospital and health cash plan
• Discounts at leading brands and retailers
• Life assurance
• Cycle2Work scheme
• On-site break out areas
• Social events organised by our social committee
• Mobile phone scheme
• Eye care vouchers
• Free nutritional and personal care products at work
• Free refreshments