Senior HR Advisor
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a large international business based at their offices in Chelmsford.
The main aim of this role is to act as a Senior HR Advisor, ensuring the provision of a high-quality HR service to managers and employees across the business.
This role is responsible for supporting the business on all generalist HR issues such as case management, compensation, recruitment, re-location, diversity, training and organisational development. Ensure that HR best practice and commercially-focused HR solutions support the business area.
Key duties and responsibilities will include;
• Supporting the business by developing effective working relationships through the provision of timely advice and guidance
• Provide expert HR advice to deliver the best outcome by influencing and challenging managers
• Provide coaching and mentoring to managers to improve management capability and enable them to self-serve
• Lead on change management initiatives, organisational / departmental re-structures / job role design / outsourcing / TUPE transfers / redundancy situations
• Provide advice to managers on all employee relations matters to manage risk effectively including, but not limited, to disciplinary and grievance, absence etc.
• Mentor, train and develop HR Advisors and HR Administrators to ensure consistent, quality service to customers
• Contribute to the planning and delivery of HR services in a customer-focused way to promote continuous improvement within HR
• Preparation and analysis of regular management information reports, to support continuous improvement in the management and monitoring of sickness absence, performance, retention and talent management etc.
• Deliver various key HR projects
Skills, experience and qualifications required:
• CIPD qualification or equivalent
• Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
• Experience of working within a large complex commercial organisation
• Strong use of HR systems
• High level knowledge of employment law
• Sound knowledge of HR policy and best practice
• Significant experience of providing advice and support on a range of key activities including conduct, grievance, capability, absence, organisational change and employee relations matters
• Proven track record of handling multiple employee relations issues