L&D Manager (Financial Services)
A top class, commercially minded L&D Manager is now sought after by an investment business based in west/central London. The business have over 300 staff and are growing and have well over £20BN of assets under management making them highly successful and a great time to join them
This is a key role in the team. Leading on the identification of training needs, working out how best to address them and monitoring the success of training and development interventions which ensure that people have the skills and qualifications to provide top-class client service and investment performance.
The L&D Manager will need to have a strong Financial Services background from both a soft skills an a technical learning perspective as well as being on point about relevant regulations and initiatives e.g. SMCR.
This is the first dedicated L&D Manager role that the business have had and will then provide a uniquely exciting role for someone who is really looking to put their stamp on a role and call something their own.
- Work with business leaders and the rest of the HR team to support the roll out of the new competency framework in 2019.
- Assess the current management training provision and make changes where necessary to ensure that the business has the skills to develop the most talented people in line with business priorities. This may encompass the full range from mentoring to coaching to skills courses and secondments.
- Ensure that the firm's learning management system supports the training and development provision and works in a manner compliant with data protection legislation.
- Monitor spending on training and provide monthly management information to the firm on investment in training.
- Ensure that the right people receive the right training to improve their skills in the most appropriate format and at the right time, demonstrating a good return on investment.
- Work with business leaders and recruiters to design and develop a programme for early careers joiners ie school leavers and apprentices. Building on the success of the Front Office and Research graduate recruitment programmes
- Work with the Compliance team to take the lead in ensuring our employees and partners across the world are fully compliant with regulatory requirements relating to their competency and professional standing.
- Ensure that the technology and processes assist in the accurate and seamless tracking of continuing professional development (CPD).
- Work with the Governance team to introduce the processes and training needed to ensure compliance with the SMCR requirements
- Liaise with the rest of the HR team and business leaders to ensure the right people are entered for the right exams at the right time for a smooth career progression along their chosen path.
- Ensure that personal knowledge and skill are commensurate/developed with those required to lead the firms Training and Competency scheme.
- Ensure that the Training and Competency schemes supports the business objectives at all levels and contributes to the development of all our employees and partners.
- Ensure appropriate stakeholders have access to accurate Key Performance Indicators to demonstrate the necessary systems and controls are working appropriately and risks are managed in relation to Training and Competency.
- Provide guidance and appropriate support for the delivery of professional qualifications within the roles that sit within the scope of the Training and Competency scheme.
- Work with business leaders and the HR team to ensure that the performance management programme reinforces a climate of excellent client service and high quality performance across the firm.
- Advise on and lead career development and succession management approach in line with business needs. This includes contributing to the annual potential partner appointment process.
- Financial services learning and development experience
- Understanding of technical training within FS
- Understanding current training requirments within Financial Services
- Willingness to learn the regulatory side of learning and development in financial services
- Proactive and 'can-do', someone who collaborates and brings people along with them.
- Excellent organisational skills
- Professional integrity and emotional maturity
- Demonstrable ability to manage issues sensitively and confidentially
- Internally driven to produce excellent results
- Ability to introduce change sensitively and at an appropriate pace
- Ability to build credibility quickly in a business where intellect is valued very highly
- Excellent written and verbal communication ability
- Negotiation skills
- Previous experience of a digital learning management system and the opportunities it can bring
- Demonstrable ability to deliver training and facilitation as required
- Good network in the learning and development area of financial services would be an advantage.