Interim Head of Talent
Based in Abingdon, as the Interim Head of Talent you will have responsibility for Talent, Culture change, Recruitment and L&D and working with the Group HRD and Business Partners will need to successfully lead the people agenda in these areas given the context above. The role also requires strong stakeholder management engaging directly with the senior leadership teams in the different businesses.
Our client provides technology and resources to the education market in the UK and increasingly internationally.
As the Interim Head of Talent you will have responsibility for Talent, Culture change, Recruitment and L&D and working with the Group HRD and Business Partners will need to successfully lead the people agenda in these areas given the context above. The role also requires strong stakeholder management engaging directly with the senior leadership teams in the different businesses.
The is a diverse role covering a wide range of disciplines, from embedding our new behaviours and successfully equipping leaders and managers for manage change, to developing an L&D strategy which fits with business needs and continuing to improve our approach to D&I. Ensuring we have the right talent to deliver the growth ambitions of the business will be a critical part of the role.
The Interim Head of Talent role is a key leadership position, a member of the Group HR Management team and the wider Group senior leadership team. The role will report directly to the Group HRD.
- The role will focus on all aspects of talent attraction & management including; Diversity & Inclusion, Employer Branding, Succession Planning and Learning & Development.
- Accountable for the delivery of Group-wide Talent & Performance programmes - helping to deliver a High Performance culture.
- Develop intervention strategies to address succession risks & opportunities identified across the Group - including career/personal development interventions for specific individuals/groups.
- Lead and manage the Talent Development and Talent Acquisition teams, owning the team performance and taking responsibility for delivering results.
- Working with the HRBPs and L&D manager deliver the development agenda for top talent and create and deliver leadership & development programmes for all levels.
- Design & implement tools and capability models for line managers & HRBP's around talent identification & development activities.
- Develop a fit for purpose L&D strategy for the group that includes a blended suite of offerings.
Management of the Recruitment and L&D budgets.
To apply for this Interim Head of Talent role, you will be of graduate calibre and CIPD qualified, possess a broad base of generalist HR experience gained at a senior HR level, over at least 5 years.
Partnering with senior stakeholders across the Group the role will act as a credible and influential expert, able to actively contribute. Demonstrable evidence of the ability to translate strategy into deliverable plans is essential.
As the role involves engaging a variety of stakeholders and delivering an HR agenda in a diverse workplace, a robust character with high levels of drive, exceptional communication, interpersonal and influencing skills are required. The post holder will need to able to build and maintain excellent relationships across multi sites. Highly confident in presenting information and creatively delivering development interventions.
The ability to drive innovation is key; previous experience of delivering change and providing thought leadership in response to business or market conditions is therefore essential.
In addition to demonstrable experience of coaching managers and driving performance, you will have personal experience of leading and developing other HR professionals; acting as a role model and contributing to the wider senior HR team.
- A strong HR professional with a proven track record of delivering results and change in a business going through transformation.
- A strong people manager able to build and develop high performing teams.
- Demonstrable drive, energy and passion with an appetite for change and experience of successfully leading change and engaging people on the journey.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, a highly personable, engaging approach and a strong alignment to core values.
- A clear thinker and confident decision-maker who is able to demonstrate sound judgement
- Proven strategic and tactical/operational capability.
- A collegiate operator, wanting to be part of a wider Group HR team and drive success across the whole of the company.
This role is to start ASAP so if would be advantageous if you were available at shorter notice.
This role offers a strong selection of benefits including:
- 25 Days Annual Leave (option to buy an extra 5 days).
- Performance Related Bonus Scheme.
- Group Personal Pension.
- Private Medical Healthcare.
- Income Protection.
- Life Assurance.
The following voluntary benefits are also available:
- Voluntary Dental Plan.
- Voluntary Health Cash Plan.
- Voluntary Critical Illness Cover.
- Voluntary Health Assessments.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Give As You Earn (GAYE).
- Employee Referral Scheme.