HR Officer - Sherburn in Elmet
Your new company
A leading Logistics company require an experienced HR Officer to support their growing operation.
Your new role
- Reporting to the Contract HR Manager
- Ensure all policies and procedures are followed in line with local agreement
- Have a good understanding of employment legislation and ensures practices are carried out in line with changes in legislation
- Conveys facts and ideas clearly/accurately and effectively.
- Assists departmental managers on the interpretation of company policies and procedures
- Provide a professional service to all employees, the public and external organisations.
- Ensure accurate operation of Oracle HR and Kronos
- Ensure accurate and timely completion and submission of payroll reports
- Management of sickness reporting any anomalies to the Contract HR Manager
- Prepare statistical breakdowns including analysis of sickness/absence and holidays.
- To ensure that occupational health records are kept up to date.
- To ensure personnel files are kept up to date and accurate to meet legal compliance requirements
- To ensure GDPR compliance.
- Assists in disciplinary / grievance hearings, advising on legislative and company policy and procedures.
- Contribute towards the improvement of processes and methods of operating practices within the depot
- Assist in the coaching, mentoring and development of the management team.
What you'll need to succeed
Experience and Qualifications:
- Possessing or willing to work towards recognised HR qualification
- Basic knowledge of employment law
- Previous experience in a warehouse / distribution environment
- Previous experience of absence management
- Previous experience of Oracle HR and Kronos
- Experience of working within a unionised environment.
- Excellent PC skills
- Ability to plan and prioritise workload, working under pressure to tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Confidential and professional approach
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.