Stoke on Trent
Your new company
My client are a leading specialist retails and B2B business based in Stoke on Trent. Following the recent addition of a new HR Manager to the business, they are now looking to strengthen their HR team with the appointment of an experienced HR Officer/Advisor.
Your new role
The HR Advisor is an important role providing an effective and efficient advisory service to actively support the Company and the needs of its employees.
Acting as a first point of call in various matters including recruitment, developing policies and procedures, resolving employee relations issues, and encouraging staff development to foster a culture for future development and growth.
The position holder will ensure high standards are adopted and met through all aspects of HR in line with the Company's policies and procedures, and current legislative requirements.
- Advising mangers and employees on a broad range of HR queries so that appropriate solutions are applied, safeguarding any risk to the business.
- Developing a close network with managers to ensure a consistent approach across the Company.
- Coordinating the recruitment and induction of new employees.
- Administering correspondence to new and existing employees as and when required.
- Updating and maintaining information within the HR system and hard copy personnel files.
- Compiling HR data to generate accurate reports, conducting analysis to identify trends and present findings. · Assisting with the monthly payroll and pension process.
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of HR policies and procedures.
- Supporting the Group HR Manager with various capability investigations, including grievance and disciplinary. · Assisting in driving the Company's performance in relation to its objectives.
- Undertaking any additional ad-hoc duties and projects as required by the Group HR Manager.
What you'll need to succeed
- A proven track record in an advisor role with a firm foundation in all areas of HR.
- Broad knowledge of HR policies and procedures.
- Experience in interpreting and advising on issues, implementing relevant HR procedures where necessary.
- Sound understanding of employment law.
- Ability to use HR data, access, input and compile information.
- Strong written skills to produce comprehensive reports.
- An adaptable communication style to effectively interact with colleagues at all levels.
- Methodical and well organised.
- Capability to prioritise workload effectively and work to deadlines.
- Practical approach with a 'can do' attitude and able to solve problems promptly.
- Commitment to upholding the highest standards of integrity in all interactions.
- Proficient in all Microsoft applications.
- Previous experience using the Mitrefinch TMS and Flexipay systems would be advantageous, although not essential.
You will ideally have CIPD Level 3 qualification or working towards or equivalent professional training qualification.
What you'll get in return
The role attracts a salary of c£22,000-£25,000, dependant on experience plus an excellent benefits package.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.