This small construction organisation are experts in what they do- delivering on a range of really exciting projects ranging from luxury private residences to large retail spaces. This is a great time to join them as they search for their first HR Manager to lead and own the HR duties across the business- always striving for constant improvement and excellence across the organisation.
You will work closely with the Managing Director and other directors to implement HR methodologies that will drive performance across the organisation and add to the already fantastic culture.
Potential examples of what they would like to focus on, would be:
* Provide all relevant information to the monthly payroll process (lead by another member of staff)
* First point of contact for HR queries from staff. Provide advice based on company policy and UK employment law (with support from Citation, our external HR legal consultant)
* Highlight any employee relations issues to line managers and where required liaise with legal advisors to work through HR issues
* Managing the staff review process including documenting, formatting and filing staff reviews
* Collaborate with the Office Manager and Senior Team PA to manage and feedback to the board on absence monitoring and management
* Monitor changes to employment legislation and the legal requirements for the organisation
* Liaise with colleagues / external partners to implement a positive mental health and wellbeing culture across the company
* Liaise with relevant external providers
Recruitment & Induction
* Manage and oversee the graduate recruitment and training process including the interface with the apprentices' levy, graduate events, updating our company website, on-boarding and the on-going future and support of graduates following their training
* Manage relationships with agencies to ensure best value/ service
* Continuous improvement and development of the recruitment process across the organisation
* Administer employment contracts, T&Cs and offer letters, including annual updates/ revisions
* Input to the induction process and new 'starters' joining experience
Learning and development
* Lead and organise the implementation of a learning and development structure within the business and the creation of an academy
* Support directors and senior staff with the training and development plan on offer to staff to support their career progression as part of the staff review process- thinking about more strategic ways of supporting the employees and with their personal development in mind
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to really come, work closely with some fantastic senior leaders in a friendly, collaborative environment and make a difference to the role HR plays in increasing performance across an already high performing culture. Someone who has been working in a standalone role, and has engaged with senior leaders would really work well here. This role can also work on a pert time basis- likely 4 days per week if there are candidates where this would be their preference.
Please be aware that when applying for this role, The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003 require us to hold work seeker records for a year in most circumstances.
Macmillan Davies is a specialist HR recruiter. Established in 1979 we have offices in London and Manchester with dedicated teams focusing on Permanent, Contract and Interim assignments across the UK and Europe.