Head of HR Operations
This is a new role to work collaboratively with the Group Operations Director to create and implement and overarching Hr strategy.
C&C Group brands include: Bulmers the leading Irish cider brand; Tennent's, the leading Scottish beer brand; Magners the premium international cider brand; a range of super-premium and craft ciders and beers such as: Heverlee; as well as Tipperary Water; and Finches soft drinks. C&C Group also owns and manufactures Woodchuck, a leading craft cider brand in the United States and manufactures and distributes a number of 3rd party international beer brands in the UK and Ireland.
C&C is also the leading drinks wholesaler to the hospitality industry in the UK and Ireland, where it operates under the Matthew Clark, Bibendum, Tennent's and C&C Gleeson brands.
C&C Group is headquartered in Dublin with manufacturing operations in Co. Tipperary, Ireland; Glasgow, Scotland; and Vermont, USA. C&C Group plc is listed on the Irish and London Stock Exchanges.
In this role, you will develop an overarching IR/ER plan for the business that enables the business to implement its strategy whilst mitigating employee relations risk.
You will be accountable for being the escalation point for all key IR/ER related matters across the business
To develop and foster a collaborative working relationship with key trade union bodies and representatives across the business, developing a contact strategy to facilitate ongoing dialogue.
Advise the business on relevant employment law and legislative developments to ensure appropriate policy development and compliance across the business.
Lead and develop the HR Operations team
Contribute to the development of the operations business plan as a key member of the Group Operations management team
To be considered for this exciting new role, you will posses:
- Experienced and intuitive HR professional, who will add value through the development of the people plan and as a member of the management team
- Strong stakeholder management skills and the ability to work within a matrix context, influencing and building strong relationships at all levels and demonstrating impact at a senior leadership level
- A hands on, decisive person who can take ownership and deliver change through the people agenda with a bias for action, high levels of energy, stamina and drive
- A self-starter, decisive and resilient, able to respond and adapt to a demanding and dynamic environment
- Able to challenge the status quo and demonstrate the presence and gravitas to operate at a senior level
- Commercially and financially astute with sound business judgment and an understanding of the commercial impact of one's own decision making
- An attention to detail, combined with the ability to see a broad picture
- Demonstrable empathy and cultural sensitivity and a high level of personal and professional integrity
ER/IR Specific Experience
- Developing and implementing an IR/ER strategy across a multi site operation
- Experience of supporting organisational change and restructuring programmes in an industrial relations setting
- Collective bargaining / trade union relationship management
- Dispute resolution management of both individual and collective action
- Advising on disciplinary and grievance issues with the ability to apply the relevant legal principles and risk assessment.
Competitive package and benefits
Opportunity to work for a leader in the FMCG market.