A ER Specialist is required for a 3 month contract in Essex £30/35K
Your new company
An ER Specialist is required on a contract basis for 3 months in Essex
The Employee Relations Team has developed a challenging employee relations strategy which is supported by a team of Employee Relations Managers and Specialists across the UK who, working with the wider HR team and operational managers, make a real difference in the business.
You will get exposure to many different aspects of the business as the role is set in a diverse environment offering you the opportunity to be hands-on, working side by side with all of our business areas
Your new role
- Develop the capacity of line managers to manage a range of ER problems locally, developing management styles to foster positive working relationships with employees, minimising the occurrence of line management problems and issues and fostering a positive climate for ER activity.
- Coach and develop managers to be competent and consistent in their execution of HR policies and procedures encouraging problems to be dealt with informally and as soon as possible, rather than allowing situations to escalate.
- Proactively manage and support the company in relation to all elements of TUPE and Mergers and Acquisitions. Ensuring all relevant processes are followed and compliance is met.
- Foster and support a partnership relationship with the unions at the local level. To form part of the negotiations team for local pay negotiations and to identify with unions and contract managers joint initiatives and proactively participate in quarterly ER climate meetings. When applicable work with the contract manager to respond to any trade disputes and set contingency plans to minimise the impact on the service and bring the dispute to a swift conclusion.
- Work collaboratively with the HR Relationship Managers within the designated contract areas on a range of people and organisational matters.
- Have oversight of absence management in the designated area and to work with senior managers to reduce absence levels in the designated contract areas.
- Work flexibly across the region as required supporting colleagues on projects and work activity.
What you'll need to succeed
- Chartered member of CIPD or working towards this with evidence of continuous professional development.
- Previous experience in an HR Generalist or ER role within an unionised and regulated environment.
- Proven ER experience including advising on complex disciplinary and grievance issues with the ability to apply the relevant legal principles and risk assessment.
- Experience of supporting large scale organisational change and restructuring programmes including TUPE, redundancy and contractual variations.
- Experience of partnering with trade unions and a good understanding of the trade union framework and collective bargaining.
- Strong communication and influencing skills with the ability to interact across all levels of management.
- Strong attention to detail, problem-solving ability and ability to deliver results to demanding deadlines.
- Experience of mediating disputes and bringing matters to a positive conclusion.
- Previous experience of advising and guiding senior stakeholders on a range of people matters in a comparable work environment.
What you'll get in return
For the right candidate, this position offers a great challenge and an amazing opportunity to be part of a fantastic journey. This is a role for a candidate with drive, energy and enthusiasm who thrives on challenge and high volume work activity. Salary £30/35K Car or car allowance. This is a 3 month contract.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.