HR Advisor - Fixed Term Contract
Your new company
A leading Logistics company require an experienced HR Advisor to support their growing operation. Reporting to the HR Manager you will be in a true generalist capacity, supporting all HR activities for approx 800 employees.
Your new role
Working as part of a team of 2, you will be heavily involved in all aspects of employee relations, from managing your own ER case work relating to sickness absence, performance, health and safety issues, disciplinaries and grievances. You will also be involved in delivering training and organising other L&D activities. You will support on any recruitment in your section and manage all aspects of HR administration including reporting. This is a busy job in fast paced, blue collar environment.
This is a 6 month fixed term contract initially, covering an internal secondment, with a good chance of being extended or becoming permanent in the future.
What you'll need to succeed
Experience and Qualifications:
- Possessing or willing to work towards recognised HR qualification
- Basic knowledge of employment law
- Previous experience in a warehouse / distribution environment
- Previous experience of absence management
- Previous experience of Oracle HR and Kronos
- Experience of working within a unionised environment.
- Excellent PC skills
- Ability to plan and prioritise workload, working under pressure to tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Confidential and professional approach
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.