HR / ER Advisor
Your new company
A new ER Advisor job has been created due to growth, at one of Bradford's largest employers. It's a well respected organisation with very attractive benefits including a generous pension scheme.
Your new role
You will be working in a small team of 4, supporting the development of a positive employee relations climate. You will provide expert advice in the management of ER issues - such as conduct, capability, attendance management and organisational change, through the application of HR and other organisational policies and procedures. This is a varied HR Generalist job role, as you will also be involved in policy development, Trade Union negotiations, and Training and Development.
What you'll need to succeed
- Practical experience of managing ER issues and HR case management, from informal meetings through to dismissals and appeals
- Up to date employment law knowledge
- CIPD qualification - part or fully qualified
- Ability to create strong collaborative relationships with all colleagues and representatives
- Ability to utilise IT systems and software to support case activity
- Strong verbal communication skills and the ability to influence appropriately with all stakeholders including line managers, employees and trade union representatives
- Strong written communication skills to support the production of accurate, clear and succinct correspondence and reports
- Ability to research, analyse and reason logically and effectively within tight and conflicting time frames
- A customer service mind-set and behaviours
- High degree of initiative and self-management
The ideal person will have worked in an HR Advisor, junior HR Business Partner or similar capacity previously, and have had responsibility for your own business area / section of employees. Someone from a blue collar / engineering environment would be preferred.
In return you will benefit from a very competitive salary, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, a 37 hour working week, and a generous matched pension contribution.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.