HR Business Partner
The Alan Turing Institute
The Alan Turing Institute is the UK’s national institute for data science and artificial intelligence. The Institute is named in honour of the scientist Alan Turing and its mission is to make great leaps in data science and artificial intelligence research in order to change the world for the better.
Working in a fast paced, changeable environment the HR Business Partner is responsible for developing and managing a robust HR function to support the Institute. Reporting to the Head of HR & Operations and working as part of the wider business team, the HR Business Partner will be a professional, adaptable individual who can hit the ground running whilst providing a first-class HR service to the Institute. Working closely with Recruitment Business Partner, you will be responsible for managing the delivery of an effective, efficient and robust HR function for The Alan Turing Institute.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing the core HR processes relating to Culture and Engagement to provide a high quality, robust HR function for the Institute.
- Implementing and maintaining an effective Learning and Development Programme for the institute which focuses on the career development of our staff.
- Launching a staff engagement survey and managing the process of analysing the data to provide a detailed report to senior management to inform business planning.
- Take ownership of all employee relations cases, trade union discussions and other areas where HR expertise is required to minimise risk, with the support of the HR Advisor
- Act as an employment legal expert and provide timely advice on matters, following-up with managers to make sure their intervention has been successful
- Ensure that current employment law and HR best practice is embedded in to all the Institute’s policies and business processes
- Coach and advise senior management in order to improve leadership capabilities
We are looking for an individual with solid generalist HR experience a proactive and enthusiastic approach, the ability to problem-solve and think creatively and excellent people management skills.
The successful candidate will have demonstrable experience of working in a HR role in the private or public sector. You will have experience of developing, implementing and measuring the success of HR processes. Excellent working knowledge of employment legislation and how this must be applied to HR policies and experience of dealing with Employee Relations. Solid understanding of embedding Equality, Diversity and Inclusion principles throughout all HR processes will complete this profile.
- Experience of managing learning and development programmes
- Experience of working in a research or academic environment.
- Experience of managing budgets.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please click the apply button below. You will need to register on the applicant portal and complete the application form including your CV, covering letter and contact details for your referees. If you have questions about the role or would like to apply using a different format, please contact them on 0203 862 3394 or email email@example.com.
Terms and Conditions
This full-time post is offered on a permanent basis to start as soon as possible. Salary £40,000-£45,000.(negotiable dependent on skills and experience) plus excellent benefits. https://www.turing.ac.uk/work-turing/why-work-turing/employee-benefits
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
The Alan Turing Institute is committed to creating an environment where diversity is valued and everyone is treated fairly. In accordance with the Equality Act, we welcome applications from anyone who meets the specific criteria of the post regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender reassignment, marital and civil partnership status, pregnancy, religion or belief or sexual orientation. Reasonable adjustments to the interview process can also be made for any candidates with a disability. Happy to talk flexible working.
Please note all offers of employment are subject to continuous eligibility to work in the UK and satisfactory pre-employment security screening which includes a DBS Check.
Full details on the pre-employment screening process can be requested from HR@turing.ac.uk.