Part Time HR and Payroll Officer
Part Time HR and Payroll Officer
Your new company
My client are a specialist global manufacturer based in Stoke on Trent and they are now looking to hire an experienced HR and Payroll Officer to join the business on a part time basis for c30 hours a week, work pattern flexible.
Your new role
As HR and Payroll Officer, you will provide a pro-active internal HR consultancy service to UK businesses and manage ad-hoc projects to continually improve the value and service of HR within the organisation. Focus on serving the businesses to ensure the effective management of its Human Resources, Benefit Plans and Legislative requirements, ensuring Corporate Policy alignment and adherence. Ensure appropriate implementation, review and compliance of all Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- The development of effective working relationships with business managers.
- Ensuring appropriate and effective integration of new HR strategies and policies into business areas, working through business managers.
- Support and influence business managers to manage their people appropriately and consistently.
- Provide accurate and timely support and advice on employee relations issues.
- Communicating and deploying HR policies and procedures to all employees.
- Manage the recruitment process in accordance with Corporate guidelines, providing business support in candidate selection, assessment, interviewing, production and processing of offer and new starter information.
- Support business areas in succession planning, career development and internal promotions.
- Act as a change agent using initiative and influence to develop improvements and to implement new initiatives.
- Build and implement business plans as required.
- Administer employee welfare benefits.
- Coach managers in policies and procedures and relevant employment legislation and HR best practice.
- Supporting the Global HR network on business HR issues and projects.
- Oversee all communication of Corporate polices and procedures.
- Handle all disputes and claims both business and employee related.
- Organise and attend board meetings, maintain meeting minutes.
- File annual returns and accounts to Companies House as per legal statute.
- Manage annual general insurance renewals.
- Co-ordinate with the Company's Pension Scheme Administrators and Actuary as required.
- Manage all Corporate and any other issues concerning UK pension plan activities.
- Manage payroll system, returns to government bodies, other legal requirements etc.
- Manage budget controls concerning HR.
- Ensuring appropriate and effective integration of health and Safety policies and procedures into working practices.
- Provide and/or arrange appropriate communication and training in health and Safety to staff during induction and as and when identified during employment.
What you'll need to succeed
- Leadership and management.
- To be organised, creative and innovative.
- Good communicator at all levels, both written and verbal.
- To have the capacity to work under pressure, prioritising work tasks.
- Business focus
- Manage internal and external stakeholder relationships
- Maintain the highest levels of confidentiality
- Can demonstrate attention to detail
- Flexible approach to working and work as part of a team
- CIPD Membership
- Experience in manufacturing/union environment
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office
What you'll get in return
The role attracts a salary of c£26,000 FTE which would be pro rata for c30 hours a week. You could work 4 days or reduced hours over a 5 day period to suit your own requirements. They also offer a competitive holiday entitlement and professional development support.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.