Occupational Health Advisor
Location: Hereford and associated sites
Working Hours: 32 hours (must be flexible)
We are a leading supplier of Poultry products and have ambitious plans for the future, and there hasn’t been a more exciting time to join us, as we embark on a journey of growth and continued commitment to offering our customers the very best products and service.
Join us as an Occupational Health Advisor and you can be a part of the aspiring team that brings Avara Foods to life.
Purpose of the role:
The Occupational Health Advisor will provide a proactive service, supporting the business with sickness, absence and rehabilitation.
As a member of the Occupational Health Team, you will offer advice on fitness to work in line with Occupational Health legislation and company regulations and will promote health and wellbeing in all employees.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Case management of all employees, supporting absence and ill health/injury whilst ensuring accountability to the NMC regulations.
- Analysing and interpreting the results of health surveillance – this will include spirometry and audiometry.
- Providing additional treatment, support and advice and delivering first aid as needed.
- Maintaining all administration systems in a confidential manner.
- What we are looking for:
- A Registered General Nurse who is registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC).
- Proven experience in various practice fields as a Registered General Nurse.
- A team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Competency qualification in conducting, interpreting and analysing of Audiometry and Spirometry tests is desirable.
- OH Diploma / Certificate is desirable, along with proven experience of post registration of OH processes and procedures.
- Full Driving License.
A little about us:
We are a leading supplier of chicken, turkey and duck products into an impressive range of customers in the UK retail and food service sectors. We are a fully integrated business controlling the whole product supply chain, which include feed mills, farms, hatcheries and factories with associated transport and logistics functions that employ more than 6000 people.
The growth of our business is based on providing a high quality, affordable product and delivering great service levels to our customers. This is achieved by investing in people, utilising the latest technology and being uncompromising in our commitment to high quality and food standards.
What’s in it for you?
We are committed to making sure our employees reap rewards of commitment and great performance. You will enjoy a secure, supportive and progressive working environment, where your contribution and achievements will be recognised and rewarded.
We offer comprehensive training as well as development and career progression opportunities. You can also look forward to a competitive salary and benefits package.
If you’re ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, apply today!
We are committed to being an equal opportunities