Your new company
A national retail business who have a national network of branches and offices.
Your new role
As the ER Manager you will manage a team of ER Advisors to support the whole business on every aspect of Employee Relations, Employment Legislation and the application of best practice in a pro-active and supportive manner. To ensure the team of advisors are managed, developed and provide the best possible customer service across the whole business at all times. Ensure the pro-active management against KPI's, working towards continuous improvement.
There will be regular travel to Yorkshire on a weekly basis, full reimbursement of costs attached to travel / potential overnight stays.
- Understand and update HR policies in line with employment legislative requirements. Provide the business with detailed knowledge and application of best practice ER processes.
- Make recommendations on the ER strategy
- Ensure that the ER Agenda is continuously moved forward and that the approach taken promotes positive employee relations.
- Manage the Advisor Team and give support on complex and/or high risk ER cases to ensure appropriate resolution.
- Ensure the on-going development and pro-active management of the ER Team, to facilitate the best possible levels of service and continuous improvement
- Manage the ET cases
- Manage the whistleblower responses
- Complete and analyse ER metrics against KPI's, present data and findings and ensure any relevant corrective action is taken or processes put in place
- Identify trends and patterns from Management Information and make appropriate recommendations
- Manage and maintain the centralised record of employment tribunals and associated costs
- Analyse trends in general opinion and hard data and recommend and implement amendments to policies or processes
- Work with the Health & Safety and Profit Protection Teams to update and review policies, ways of working and tactics where these overlap with general employment
- Liaise with Solicitors, Synergy, Health Management etc as appropriate, to ensure services are provided to the required levels
- Prepare, plan and deliver training programmes on Employment Law as appropriate
- Ensure the quality and accuracy of ER input to any systems and the correct use of systems
- Put in place and manage suitable audit processes in relation to ER matters, in conjunction with HR Governance
- Monitor and measure customer service and satisfaction through relevant mediums; ensure pro-active resolution of any customer service issues.
What you'll need to succeed
- Must be CIPD qualified with appropriate level of qualifications such as degree and diploma - CPD is essential
- Must have experience of dealing with change management and redundancy programmes to ensure the best possible delivery to minimise disruption to individuals and the business
- Extensive experience in running an Employee relations function within business
- Complex ER case management experience essential
- Must have in-depth and fully up-to-date knowledge of Employment Legislation and be able to advise the business accordingly
- Highly competent in the use of HR systems such as case management database, call logging systems, advanced Excel and Word, use of all Microsoft applications
- Ability to accurately analyse data and draw conclusions / make recommendations for improvement from findings
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills at all levels of an organisation
- High level of numeracy and literacy
- Excellent communications skills, verbally and in writing
- Experience of handling and attending Employment Tribunals
- Must be confident in meeting deadlines and able to work unsupervised
- Must have experience of managing a diverse team, office and field based, and proven track record of continuous improvement through management
- Experience and evidence of delivering high levels of customer service
- Experience of preparing and delivering appropriate ER training materials / courses
- Must be a team player - ability to build strong working relationships across the business network
- Ability to read and understand metrics, understand and analyse issues and work in cross departmental teams to ensure the resolution of issues.
What you'll get in return
- Company Car OR Car Allowance of £5000
- 30% bonus
- Basic 37.5 hours per week - flexibility will be required to work hours as required to ensure the effective running of the ER function - travel will be required - the ER Team work on a rota Mon - Fri
- 3 months notice from either party.
- Management Bonus 15%
- Private Medical cover
- Defined Contribution Pension Scheme
- 23 days holiday rising to 25 day
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.