Interim Area Head of ER - 3 month FTC
Interim Area Head of ER job - London and the South - 3 month FTC up to £70,000 plus 6k car allowance
Area Head of ER job - London and the South - 3 month FTC up to £70,000 plus 6k car allowance
Employee Relations job
Your new company
You will be working for a leading environmental solutions and utilities business.
Your new role
Our client requires an experienced to join their business for a period of 3 months to manage 2 ER Managers, each with their own regional ER teams across London and the South. Working across multi-disciplined business areas you will be responsible for partnering with the Regional Directors, providing specialist and technical advice and managing a team of ER Specialists deployed across the London region.
The Employee Relations Leadership team has developed a challenging and innovative employee relations strategy currently being implemented by a team of talented Employee Relations Specialists across the UK who, working with our wider HR team and operational managers, are making a real difference.
The successful candidate will line manage a team of ER Specialists and will also:
- Work across all UK business streams to ensure first-class Employee Relations advice and support is delivered to the business.
- Coach, develop and empower a team of Employee Relations Specialists in all aspects of the ER cycle to deliver Employee Relations excellence in every way.
- Identify and develop (in conjunction with the ER Specialists) a list of ER KPI's to measure, analyse and report on to the Area Head of ER and Regional Directors.
- Build credible and lasting relationships with Senior Managers and will support the Area Head of ER in Regional meetings.
- Shape and influence the ER Specialist and Senior Leadership teams in transforming a reactive ER climate into a culture of collaboration and proactive Employee Relations.
- Have responsibility for being the escalation on all Trade Union related matters (Pay Negotiations, Trade Disputes and Industrial Relations Management).
- Support on complex disciplinary and grievance issues and litigation strategy, relating to tribunal claims in conjunction with Area Head of ER and ER Policy & Development Manager.
What you'll need to succeed
- Previous experience in a ER role within a unionised and regulated environment.
- Previous experience of leading a regional ER team.
- Proven ER experience including advising on complex disciplinary and grievance issues with the ability to apply the relevant legal principles and risk assessment.
- Experience of supporting large scale organisational change and restructuring programmes including TUPE, redundancy and contractual variations.
- Experience of partnering with trade unions and a good understanding of the trade union framework and collective bargaining.
- Minimum level 7 CIPD or equivalent qualification.
What you'll get in return
An excellent working environment and a competitive rate of pay.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.