Senior HR Consultant (P/T or F/T)
An exciting opportunity for a part time Senior HR Consultant based in Reading, Berkshire
Your new company
My client is a leading provider of finance, accounting, HR and administrative solutions to the financial services industry. My client has achieved double digit growth since 2014, with headcount increasing to over 100. Their culture is to actively encourage development, both from an academic and personal level with a view to promoting staff internally.
Your new role
This role can be full or part time. The successful candidate will work as part of a highly skilled team servicing client businesses, this is an opportunity for a suitably experienced HR professional to deliver externally-facing HR services. The role offers incredible variety taking the form of an outsourced HR partner working directly with employees for many clients, through to providing additional resources and expertise to internal client HR professionals.
- Provide guidance and assistance to clients on a range of HR and ER issues, in line with their own policies and procedures
- Update client policies and procedures consistent with UK employment legislation and guidelines
- Assist in the development of bespoke HR policies and employee handbooks
- Administer DBS and other background screening checks
- HR administration tasks including; new starters, induction, leavers, rights to work; and documentation, maintaining folders etc.
- Assist with business development by building proactive client relationships
- Contribute to the implementation of HR software projects
- Attend client meetings when required
- Liaise with benefits brokers and update client benefits
- Review settlement agreements and contracts of employment
- Attend legal update seminars and taking personal responsibility to be up to date and well-informed and to share insights with clients, as appropriate
- Advise and support clients with more complex employee matters, including ER cases, as experience and skill set allows
What you'll need to succeed
- Minimum of level 5 CIPD and a relevant degree combined with hands-on experience/minimum of level 5 CIPD and ideally working towards level 7 CIPD
- Ideally 3 years or more Ideally 5 years or more HR generalist experience, in an advisory capacity
- Knowledge of complex compensation and benefits would be advantageous
- Excellent communication skills, including fluent written and spoken English
- Ability to work under pressure and to client deadlines
- A confident & positive attitude
- Good attention to detail and organisational skills
- Ability to balance competing client demands and work as an enabler
- Knowledge of the Financial services Industry
What you'll get in return
- Competitive salary
- Excellent benefits & bonus
- Excellent culture
- Organisation committed to developing you personally & professionally
- Flexible working
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.