HR Business Partner
This is a permanent role with a base in the NE of England.
Organisation supporting a variety of care services.
You will undertake a variety of projects such as acquisitions/mergers, staff surveys, engagement, wellbeing, HR process and procedure.
This role will hold a full generalist remit including employee relations, talent, succession, restructuring, harmonization, TUPE as well as other HR projects.
You will work closely with and develop strong relationships with other support functions such as Recruitment, Learning & Development, Finance, Payroll & IT.
- Undertake periodic Human Resources Reviews with Regional Managers about their designated sites, ensuring that issues are actioned and critical concerns are discussed with outcomes.
- Support the Recruitment team where applicable.
- Review staffing budgets with Managers and provide solutions in respect of overspends.
- Senior ER Casework - To provide professional and legislatively compliant advice on Human Resources issues, and support managers where appropriate on disciplinary, grievance, capability and harassment and discrimination cases.
- Provide advice and guidance on all aspects of the Employee lifecycle e.g. probation, progression, maternity, paternity.
- Redeployment / Redundancy consultations.
- Where required attend and chair formal meetings.
- Attend and support interviews as required for senior roles.
- Undertake lead for employment tribunals and liaise with ACAS on early conciliation.
- Provide Human Resources presence at Clinical Governance meetings within an identified region.
- Ensure data integrity audits of Human Resources systems are completed.
- To advise and support managers on the management of sickness cases in accordance with the companies absence management policy and the Equality Act, liaising as appropriate with Occupational Health physicians.
- Monitor and review exit interviews.
- To undertake project work and policy development work as directed and guided by the Head of ER.
- To keep abreast of developments in employment legislation and case law, and as directed by the Head of ER ensure that managers are appropriately briefed on relevant changes and new legislation.
- Ensure that relevant codes of practice and policies are adhered to and that procedures relating to child protection issues are followed.
- Coaching and mentoring of junior team members and managers across the business.
- Minimum of CIPD level 5 qualification
- Driving license -the job holder is required to spend time in the services and attending meetings at various offices, not all of which are easily accessed on public transport.
- The ability to travel within allocated regions which involves some overnight stays.
- Strong strategic understanding and ability.
- The ability to work autonomously.
- Relevant knowledge and experience within a strategic HR position.
- 2 year's previous experience in a Business Partner role or equivalent.
- Comfortable in a matrix environment where influencing skills are required to get things done
- A sharp intellect, well developed communication and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated capability at delivering and sustaining change.
- CIPD level 7 qualification
- Experience of safeguarding and a working knowledge of the regulatory aspect of the role.
- Previous experience in a childcare environment
- Puts the needs of the service user at the centre of decisions
- Exemplary communication skills - effectively communicate with people at all levels within the Company.
- Brings the outside in - identifies opportunities for innovation and adapts them
- A well-developed intellect - sound analytical skills, curious about what might be.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and decision making.
- Can take a stand when necessary.
- Brings energy and value to discussions. Upbeat and positive.
- Reads situations and people well - can spot the right thing to do.
- High level of energy, urgency and drive. Can cover ground quickly.
- Resilient - is not afraid of a challenge or hard work.
- Good judgment. Can identify (sometimes weak) signals in a noisy environment.
- Sound, well developed influencing skills - able to build collaborative relationships quickly and effectively.
- Patience - a calm and measured approach to a frustrating situation.
- Team player with willingness to help others and go above and beyond their formal role.
£35,000 - £40,000