Occupational Mental Health Advisor
OH Medical is currently seeking a qualified Occupational Health Advisor with mental health expertise and solid experience of complex mental health case management.
This is a full-time, 12-month fixed term position with the potential to be extended or possibly made permanent. This role will be primarily based in Preston with regular travel to a second client site located 30 minutes’ away.
To deliver specific project activities and objectives to include:
- Defining and developing policy and strategy for managing complex occupational health cases
- Defining and implementing a model for professional support of the Mental Health First Aiders Community across the client’s business area
- Attending and supporting the Client’s Mental Health Working group.
- To provide expert, evidence-based complex case management services for referrals relating to attendance, fitness for work and other requests for OH advice.
- Provide professional, comprehensive and evidence-based written reports
- To provide fitness medicals and health surveillance
- To provide clinical supervision and support other team members where relevant
- Registration with NMC Part 1
- OH qualified - Diploma/Degree recorded on Part 3 of the NMC register
- Mental health qualified and/or extensive experience of working with individuals with a mental health condition
- Proven complex case management experience
- Previous client management experience
- Experience coaching and supporting fellow Clinicians with mental health cases
- Significant experience of working in an OH environment in a nursing/advisory capacity across a range of OH activities
- Sound educational background, including a good standard of numeracy and written English
- Be happy to travel locally
Please contact Ben Higgins or James Baron on 01582 235500 to discuss further.
OH Medical is a specialist recruitment consultancy within the Occupational Health sector. We specialise in recruiting agency and permanent staff nationwide.
Apply for Occupational Mental Health Advisor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly