Vacancy No.: VN19-34 Department: Administration
Grade: B4 Section: HR
Job Ref. No.: STF-C/19-34 Reports to: Head of HR
Closing Date: 15 September 2019
ECMWF is both a research institute and a 24/7 operational service, producing and disseminating numerical weather predictions to its Member States. ECMWF carries out scientific and technical research directed to the improvement of its forecasts, collects and processes large amounts of
observations, and manages a long-term archive of meteorological data. Satellite and in situ observations provide the information for up-to-date global analyses and climate reanalyses of the atmosphere, ocean and land surface. For details, see www.ecmwf.int/.
Summary of the role
We are moving to a business-partnering HR model. Key to the success of this model are strong HR professionals who work very closely with the line organisation to support them on day-to-day and more strategic people issues, as well as a central HR coordination team that ensures that core HR processes are executed efficiently and reliably.
The HR Associate will work closely with the HR Business Partner they are tagged to in supporting a defined set of client groups within the organisation. S/he will act as first point of contact for routine staff questions on working conditions, contractual and any employment-related matters. S/he will also be responsible for the provision of all aspects of HR administration, administration of the end-toend recruitment process, maintenance and organisation of staff records, files and data on the Enterprise Resource Planning platform (ERP).
Main duties and key responsibilities
- Carrying out data input to the ERP, including payroll input, in close cooperation with the Payroll Manager, and ensuring data integrity
- Acting as first point of contact for routine staff questions on employment conditions, the ECMWF staff regulations and procedures, contractual matters, entitlements, benefits, escalating issues when necessary
- Preparing statutory correspondence and letters to staff
- Coordinating contractual changes requested by departments
- Providing support for the recruitment process involving the processing and monitoring of applications received via the ECMWF jobs portal, arranging interviews and all associated tasks
- Supporting the offer management process by liaising with successful candidates on all matters relating to their appointment prior to their commencement of employment
- Preparing employment offers, contracts of employment and related documents
- Coordinating the onboarding and induction process for newly recruited staff
- Assisting staff with all applications relating to diplomatic car registrations, driving permits and visa applications
- Liaising with DVLA and UK authorities such as FCO, HMRC, Inland Revenues as required
- Monitoring sick leave and absences records
- Monitoring HR administration processes, proposing changes and enhancements as required to ensure they remain efficient and reliable
- Contributing to HR projects as required
- Excellent relationship management skills, including the ability to quickly build trust and credibility with staff in the allocated client groups
- Capacity to handle multiple issues concurrently and deliver reliably to tight deadlines
- Attention to detail and diligence
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Good IT skills, desire to use ERP system to its fullest potential
- Ability to work well as part of a team, taking the lead on some topics, contributing to others.
- Solution-oriented, pragmatic approach.
- Curiosity to understand the goals of the organisation and how HR can contribute to them.
Qualifications and experience required
Candidates should have a higher standard of education (EQF Level 4).
Strong experience of working in an HR administrative capacity, ideally in an international environment.
Experience of using an HRIS.
Knowledge and skills (including language):
Candidates must be able to work effectively in English and interviews will be conducted in English.
Working knowledge of one of the Centres other working languages (French and German) or Italian would be beneficial.
The successful candidate will be recruited at the B4 grade, according to the scales of the Coordinated Organisations and the annual basic salary will be £42,613.80 NET of tax. The Centre offers a generous suite of benefits. This position is assigned to the employment category STF-C as defined in the Staff Regulations.
Full details of salary scales and allowances are available on the ECMWF website at www.ecmwf.int/en/about/jobs, including the Centre’s Staff Regulations regarding the terms and conditions of employment.
Starting date: As soon as possible.
Length of contract: Four years, with the possibility of a further contract.
Location: The position will be based in the Reading area, in Berkshire, United Kingdom.
How to apply
Please apply by completing the online application form available at www.ecmwf.int/en/about/jobs.
To contact the ECMWF Recruitment Team, please email firstname.lastname@example.org