Talent Acquisition Advisor- Permanent
Currently recruiting a Talent Acquisition Advisor (permanent). Based in Newcastle, just outside City Centre within Business Services.
Well known business.
1. Providing an excellent and proactive talent acquisition service to the business. This will involve working collaboratively with business leaders and key members of the HR team to understand the business talent acquisition needs and delivering proactive solutions and opportunities.
2. Applying talent acquisition knowledge to business challenges, building commercial acumen to proactively support leaders in the delivery of the strategy and the people elements within this.
3. Working with both business leaders and the HR team, have a full awareness and understanding of all current talent acquisition activities that occur within the organisation and enabling the centralised sharing of best practice from these activities across the business progressing a whole system view.
4. Supporting the Talent Acquisition Manager, taking ownership of key elements within the end-to-end recruitment and attraction agenda for the organisation. This will include developing innovative resourcing strategies and career pathways, embedding these within the business, with continual review and benefit realisation.
5. Developing best-in-class recruitment practices, with a key focus on the recruitment, induction and onboarding stages. Working with members of the wider people team and internal customers/departments (including shared services), develop continual improvements to the initial stages of the employee life cycle that enables us to attract, engage and retain colleagues in the organisation.
6. Support with the development of the organisation early careers approach, leading on the implementation of initiatives across all geographic locations, including work experience and job shadowing.
7. Lead the development of the external and internal website for talent acquisition, enabling people to develop themselves and their future career within the organisation.
8. In conjunction with our Diversity and Inclusion team, support the Talent Acquisition Manager to develop our pathways into work for the organisation, ensuring these are inclusive and take into account our current and future workforce planning requirements.
9. Working in collaboration with the Learning and Development team, develop internal career development pathways across the business, embracing current pathways and building on these to develop a whole system approach.
10. Lead the continual implementation of the apprentice scheme at the organisation, supporting its continual development to ensure it has a strong reputation of delivery for both colleagues and the business.
Personal Qualities, Knowledge and Skills
- Significant knowledge of progressive talent initiatives to support a business.
* Experience of evidence based practice, using data to drive insight and solutions.
* Computer Literate
* Ability to develop people solutions to meet business need.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality and deal with situations in a sensitive manner
* Advanced communication skills in order to establish good working relationships.
* High level influencing skills - able to challenge staff and influence individuals' prejudices at all levels
* Organised, with the ability to multi-task and prioritise a diverse workload.
* Commitment to continuing professional development.
* Experience of advising on recruitment and talent initiatives.
* Experience of advising and influencing managers.
* Experience of working with multiple teams to achieve the end goal.
* Ability to work at both a strategic and operational level.
- Degree or equivalent qualification or significant equivalent experience.
- Travel will be required
- Great benefits