Portland is a fully integrated communications consultancy trusted by some of the highest profile organizations, governments and individuals in the world with global offices in Washington DC, Singapore, Doha and Nairobi, as well as in London.
We are pioneers in integrated communications campaigns help clients manage their reputation, improve their visibility and media coverage – and deliver global communications campaigns across multiple platforms.
Our teams of experienced and multilingual consultants invest time to understand clients from the inside out, work with them to set clear strategic direction, and then bring the whole of Portland’s abilities to bear to deliver their objectives.
At Portland we never rest on our laurels; we constantly strive to improve our work and be at the forefront of the industry.
In the past few years, we have doubled in size and continue to grow every year. This presents both challenges and opportunities to HR in meeting the needs of a fast-growing business.
As an HR team of 8, we seek to be pro-active in meeting business deliverables from recruitment, reward, learning and development, employee relations and succession planning.
We are now seeking for an exceptional Talent Advisor to ensure we deliver against our ambitious HR goals.
The Talent Advisor will support the HR Business Partners in delivering key resourcing requirements across our high growth business. The role will be responsible for delivering an excellent end-to-end recruitment process and service across the business at Portland, running individual campaigns, managing ad-hoc recruitment and onboarding projects and enhancing our employer brand.
- Delivering recruitment campaigns as directed by the HR Business Partners
- Building strong relationships with key stakeholders across all relevant unit teams
- Taking detailed briefs for roles and liaising with hiring managers to produce compelling job adverts
- Offering a broad range of attraction tactics, tailored to each campaign, with clear recommendations and advice
- Working with HR colleagues to post job adverts on job boards
- Pre-screening candidates for your campaigns whether from direct applications, referrals or agencies
- Working with hiring managers to identify candidates for interview and using the ATS to effectively manage diaries for interviews, book meeting rooms and send invites
- Effectively communicating with candidates, either via the ATS or verbally, to keep them ‘warm’ and fully up to date with progress through the recruitment process
- Keeping interview and feedback log on the ATS up-to-date
- Implementing the agreed selection process through interviewing and testing ensuring our process is robust, fair and consistent
- Overseeing the offer process with candidates, being accurate in detail, clear in communication and a positive Portland advocate
- Communicating with HR colleagues to initiate new starter procedures
- Playing a key role in the onboarding process – from induction to probation management
- Supporting the HR Advisor in delivering Portland’s Graduate Programme
- Own the delivery of Portland’s Work Experience, Internship and Apprenticeship Programmes across relevant business units
- Delivering best in class administration surrounding all recruitment and onboarding activities and events
- Working with the Head of HR to manage our approach to employer brand enhancement and marketing activities – from marketing content creation, mailshots, events, website design, Glassdoor, PR Week and social media channels
- Assisting the HR Business Partners on recruitment data, insight and analysis, maximising our ATS capabilities, and showing cost savings through effective direct hiring
- Delivering other ad-hoc duties which may need to be performed from time to time, in addition to or instead of the above duties
Qualifications, skills and competencies:
- Have at least 2-3 years’ relevant experience within the recruitment industry, either in-house or within an agency though the preference is for a bit of both
- Be an articulate individual with strong aptitude for IT skills; specifically MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel (to an intermediate level) and MS PowerPoint, which are essential
- Have a clear understanding of the recruitment landscape – from attraction, through selection and testing, to offering and candidate management
- Be comfortable and confident to engage and influence at all levels of the business
- Have a strong attention to detail with excellent organisational and prioritisation skills
- Be able to demonstrable project management skills – from creation through to delivery
- Be an open communicator, happy working in a team environment and independently within units
- Be used to operating in a fast-paced environment and can give examples of juggling multiple work streams
- Be logical, quick and flexible with a result orientated approach
- Have strong self-awareness with excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
What we offer in return
- We are committed to employee development and have an open doors culture where you will have the opportunity to learn from some of the most experienced people in the business. We regularly reward and promote success, and actively encourage staff to take on new challenges and responsibilities to aid progression.
- Our remuneration package also includes our competitive pension contributions, private healthcare life assurance cover, company contribution to gym membership, wellbeing workshops and activities, company parties, free daily breakfast and much, much more!
- We are also happy to talk flexible working.
- In addition, every permanent member of staff that works at Portland is eligible for our industry leading annual profit share. When Portland thrives, all of our people share in that success.
Unfortunately due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not possible to respond directly to all applicants, only to those whose candidacy is being pursued. In addition, the length of the recruitment process varies based on the vacancy needs. Traditionally, the process takes approximately 3-4 weeks. Therefore, your patience is greatly appreciated.