You will be forward thinking, pro-active, take an evidence based approach and be continually curious by challenging the status quo to ensure a consistent, value adding HR provision to leaders and colleagues.
Professional services organisation based in Newcastle
- Providing an excellent and proactive HR advisory service to all areas of the business. This will be done through leading a team that successfully coach and support managers to be confident in HR practice by offering effective HR advice and ensuring employee relation issues are effectively managed. The service will be continually developed to meet the needs of the business, leaders, managers and colleagues.
- Leading, managing and motivating the HR team, ensuring their objectives align to strategy delivery, work is allocated and prioritised and an effective service is delivered to achieve team performance KPIs. This includes continually developing the HR team's professional knowledge and skills, ensuring they keep up to date with best practice HR and employment legislation, and actively own their personal professional development
- Owning the employee lifecycle process and working collaboratively with the wider HR team members to make changes and improvements to ensure colleagues have a continual excellent experience.
Being a visible leader within the HR team, continually work with stakeholders across all levels to ensure the HR advisory service that is being provided is shaped to meet business ad service needs.
Owning all HR Policies and Procedures for the business, ensuring these are best in class, accessible, up to date, legally compliant and fit for business needs. Where relevant, ensuring the policies and procedures have supporting toolkits/training and clear communication, applicable to both colleagues and managers to support consistent application.
- Working collaboratively with the HR advisors and Senior HR Business Partners, oversee the management of highly complex employment matters which can include TUPE, disciplinary, grievance, performance management, sickness absence and organisational change.
- Working in close partnership with the Senior HR Business Partners, Wellbeing and Inclusion Team and the Talent Acquisition Team to understand the activity within these areas to collaborate, mutually support and achieve aims and objectives. This will include Talent management and succession planning, performance management, engagement and workforce planning.
- Working with the Organisational Development team to ensure aligned and fit for purpose policies, procedures and processes.
- Working in close partnership with the Trade Unions, engaging them in key colleague processes, changes and developments.
Substantial specialist knowledge of HR policies and procedures and associated Employment Law and complex cases.
* Ability to build effective and trusting relationships.
* Demonstrable leadership and management capability
* IT Literate
* Ability develop new business and HR solutions to meet business need.
* Strong communication skills to establish good working relationships with managers, colleagues and external organisations
* Able to use initiative, multi task and prioritise diverse workload and work to deadlines.
* Ability to be accountable and responsible for decision making.
£competitive salary and benefits
An opporunity to work in an organisation during a period of change and development.