People Development Business Partner
People Development Business Partner - East region £40/45K
Your new company
As a People Development Business Partner, your role will be to be the main point of contact to discuss Learning and Development requirements with managers within the Business across the East region. You will liaise with the wider People Development team whilst working closely with the business to understand specific training requirements, strategically spot opportunities for learning interventions and share best practice from a wider internal and external Learning & Development perspective.
Your new role
- Partnering with the business to understand how to support their growth objectives through PD interventions
- Partnering with Training Administration to ensure PD interventions are delivered on time and within budget, taking into account business priorities
- Ensure awareness of regulatory changes, pre-empting how these could be managed with PD interventions
- Ensuring maximum utilisation of apprenticeship levy and optimising external training spend and compliance/regulatory training budget
- Follow up on cancellations to better manage and plan training courses and ensure minimum impact on the business
- Provide managers with a unique point of contact for PD interventions.
- Be aware of the regional specificities of the business to provide them with a tailored service
- Work with the wider PD team to ensure that our internal qualifications match the need of the business and that courses are continually updated by the delivery teams
- Ensure updating of training records to include all qualifications, past courses and current programmes are recorded to provide a clear picture of workforce development and competencies to the business
- Follow up on delegates and managers' satisfaction post-intervention to ensure courses and suppliers meet business requirements for employee's development (beyond the traditional methods)
- Review and manage the PD supply chain, in order to create a service that adds value in terms of efficiency and effectiveness while also optimising external costs
- Supporting the business in ensuring that new starters have the necessary skills and/or qualifications to do their jobs effectively
- Partnering with the business and HR team to support the upskilling of potential successors and High Performers
- Work with Training Support Services to maximise the number of delegates per course and therefore optimise the use of PD resources
- Build relationships with other Campus units in order to share best practice
- Lead and manage projects and programmes of training to support service improvement and increase the solution offering to the business.
What you'll need to succeed
- You need to have a passion for Learning and Development. A desire to support the business to develop the skills of their workforce to meet the future requirements within the business.
- A desire to grow and improve yourself and others around you, thinking innovatively.
- Excellent Customer Service skills, offering a fantastic end to end customer experience
- Previous experience of partnering within a large, multi-site organisation and the challenges that this can present is an advantage
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills, able to build a true, honest and open relationship with stakeholders- comfortable and working with colleagues of all level and able to demonstrate excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ideally, you will be CIPD qualified or have a keen interest in obtaining the qualification
- Strong project management skills with the ability to plan, measure, track and report.
- Strong commercial and financial acumen.
- Previous experience of working within Learning and Development is desirable
What you'll get in return
- Annual Performance Bonus
- Car Allowance or Company Car
- Option to join the Pension Scheme
- Access to rewards, benefit & discounts
- 25 days annual leave + statutory bank holidays
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.