Your new company
My client are one of the UK's largest logistics providers with 3 large sites based in Staffordshire. Reporting into the site HR Manager this is an excellent role for an experienced HR Assistant looking to develop their skill set towards becoming a HR Advisor.
Your new role
As HR Assistant, you will assist in the provision of an effective and efficient generalist HR service on site.
- To prioritise work and ensure timely and accurate completion of all aspects of HR administration / documentation to a high standard, whilst adhering to company procedures.
- Ensure accurate adherence to HR procedures within the operation, including the issue and return of sickness interviews, reporting any anomalies and outstanding interviews weekly.
- Produce accurate weekly and monthly reports responding with additional reports as requested.
- Attend, prepare for and take an active role in meetings as required, including daily / weekly department team meetings, supporting disciplinary, absence, grievance and investigation meetings.
- Support the engagement and communication activities across the site including maintaining HR related notice boards.
- Ensure all HR queries are dealt with effectively
- Carry out administration duties relating to recruitment, selection, induction, training and development, and employee relations ensuring local spreadsheets, and HR systems and incoming and outcoming post are maintained.
- To assist the HR team with policy and procedure implementation in line with the site and company terms and conditions
- General HR co-ordination and administration including;
- Supporting high volume recruitment activity across all levels / departments
- Completion of documentation to a high standard for submission to our Shared Services department
- Maintaining sickness absence and disciplinary records
- Preparing induction packs
- Ongoing maintenance of HR records and files
- Co-ordinating and supporting delivery of management training
- To provide a professional service to all employees, the public and external organisations ensuring that all queries are dealt with effectively
- Supporting the HR / management team with ER issues, in particular with low level complexity absence, disciplinary and grievance issues including advice, minute taking, supporting meeting and writing relevant correspondence.
- Assisting the HR Advisor & HR Manager to drive employee engagement initiatives across the site
- Supporting any HR / site projects and assisting the further growth plans.
What you'll need to succeed
- Must be able to demonstrate HR experience with experience of dealing with ER issues and recruitment activity
- Able to apply high levels of common sense and logic to often delicate and complicated situations and therefore possess excellent listening and communication skills
- Sound knowledge of employment law
- Excellent communication skills are essential, as is the ability to interact with staff at all levels
- Must be committed to providing a high quality, efficient and flexible service to support the operation
- Should have the ability to align HR tasks to operational requirements
What you'll get in return
The role attracts a salary of between £19,000-£21,000 plus 25 days holidays, pension, professional development support and an on site gymnasium.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.