Your new company
Our client is an international commercial organisation based in Weybridge, Surrey.
Your new role
This is a permanent role to start asap and will be responsible for the strategic and operational HR activity across the organisation both in the UK and central Europe, employees totalling just under 1000 employees.
The HR Director is responsible for local implementation of standard HR processes, policies and activities. You will lead the HR team across all businesses in that country and lead all talent development efforts. This role will also ensure consistent implementation of HR policies across the scope of influence.
- Local implementation of HR policies and procedures that are developed on a global or regional level.
- Identify and implement location/country specific policies and procedures.
- Manages the development of their direct report team.
- Own action plans coming out of Strategic Talent Forecasting activities.
- Development and implementation of specific policies associated with local law.
- Provides advice on implementation of HR practices, handles employee issues, talent development, and engagement within region.
- Own the strategic responsibility of engagement and the impact communications has on engagement.
- Implementation of local pay practices that are aligned with corporate requirements but also compliant with local law and legislation.
- First point of contact for the manager on employee issues. May coach the manager on how to handle the employee issue. Can also assist the manager on any legal issues/complications. Work with the manager to develop a Performance Improvement plan, deliver the plan and work with the manager to follow up on the plan.
- Local relationship and negotiations with local union or Works Councils. May also coordinate activities across multiple works councils as a Country lead where there are multiple Works Councils in Country.
- The HR Director will own the oversight, response draft or review, and expertise in country specific laws for their country. The HR Director will be responsible for insuring compliance and mitigating risk through education of managers and HR team members.
- The Country HR Leader will oversee any restructuring activity within their area of responsibility. This includes all planning, support, financial and disparate impact analysis (if required), and developing communications plans and severance and retention documents as needed to support the people and site impact of the restructuring.
- Be familiar with organisation standard training available and communicate and provide guidance to local associates.
- Facilitate the process for identifying training needs by job classification and documenting those needs with functional leaders.
- May identify local vendors for regional or local targeted training needs.
- May be responsible for due diligence, and integration work in their country using standard tools and processes.
- Employee engagement activities within country.
- Owns the management of benefit plans in Country, but will work with Corporate Benefits team to ensure appropriate controls are in place and managed.
What you'll need to succeed
- Solid Generalist HR experience, strategic and operational
- Talent management
- Staffing and Selection
- Organisation design and restructuring experience
- Performance Management and team effectiveness
- Coaching skills
- Change Management - leading changes as well as coaching client groups to better manage change.
- Strong business partnering skills and business acumen.
- Employee and labor relations
- Senior HR leadership experience within a commercial organisation
- Suitably qualified
- Commercial outlook
- Ideally global experience
What you'll get in return
- Base salary c£90,000 - £105,000
- £10,000 car allowance
- 23% Bonus
- Plus an exceptional comprehensive benefits structure
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.