District HR Officer - Hampshire
No one should die because they needed first aid and didn’t get it. St John Ambulance teaches people first aid so they can be the difference between life and death, and you can help us do this. We have a fantastic opportunity for an HR professional who wishes to volunteer with us in Hampshire. Volunteering is a great way to enhance your career!
If you enjoy getting the best out of people, we need human resources experts to support our managers.
As a District HR Officer, you will support your district based volunteer managers to do the best possible job of managing volunteers, working as part of the District HR team. You will do this by advising and coaching managers in the use of policies and processes relating to recruitment, development and any conduct issues that arise as well as supporting change initiatives.
- Assist the district manager in raising the standard of leadership across the district
- Provide a single point of contact for HR-related queries within the district
- Assist in the effective handling of all-volunteer discipline and grievance issues, including mediation as necessary
- Actively participate in the recruitment and retention of area managers and unit managers for your district
- Train managers in the use of the volunteer development review (VDR) process and ensure it is applied effectively
- Assist the district manager in measuring and increasing volunteer productivity (including volunteer recognition)
- Proactively engage in improving volunteers experience of SJA
- Carry out specific projects as needed – e.g. volunteer attrition in a unit/area
- Perform any other duties commensurate with these responsibilities, the management level of the post and skills and qualifications of the post-holder.
Expected time commitment: 32 hours a month (primarily 8 hours per week), normally this is over evenings and weekends. Previous HR experience is needed.
From your initial application of interest, you will be invited to apply online. For more information on this role, please contact Paul Strickland, District HR Officer email@example.com
The closing date is Friday 20th September 2019 and interviews will be week commencing Wednesday 23rd September 2019.
This is a volunteer role and is unpaid although there are some expenses that may be claimed. This role is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.