Head of People Operations
As the Head of People Operations, your purpose will be to lead a team of 4 responsible for all UK People operations. This will be a broad role incorporating people management and development, Employee Relations, and it will touch all aspects of the employee life-cycle. In addition you will be responsible for running and delivering key HR projects.
Our client is a market-leader in their field, employing circa 1400 people in the UK across 7 regional sites and the Head Office.
As the Head of People Operations for this company near Maidenhead, your overall purpose will be to:
- Work closely with the Chief People Officer and the full HR team ensuring that processes are aligned and compliant with Company standards, values and employment law. Lead on projects as appropriate, gaining engagement and introducing to the business as required.
- Manage specific members of the HR team to ensure that their working standards are appropriate and that they are supported and developed according to the needs of the business and their capability.
- Support managers and individual employees on all matters involving people, thereby ensuring that the organisation has developed employees capable of supporting Company growth, with fundamental good practice embedded throughout.
Day-to-day this will include:
- Communicate regularly with the Chief People Officer to facilitate a two-way understanding of business-wide activities.
- Actively build and maintain working relationships throughout the business, to enhance communication and an understanding of current and future HR needs.
- Oversee employee relations cases generated within the organisation, ensuring a consistent approach throughout the Company. Advise and support HRBP's and managers on specific cases as appropriate, for example, absence, conduct, capability, restructures and TUPE; be hands-on where required.
- Work on your own or with the Chief People Officer on employment tribunal claims.
- Maintain and oversee work carried out by direct reports to ensure that data is accurate, complete, fit-for-purpose, up-to-date and with audit-trails where appropriate.
- Provide management information as required and report on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis measuring, analysing HR metrics and advising on pragmatic actions to improve areas of concern, at root cause.
- Manage direct reports in such a way that KPI's agreed with the business are achieved and that their working style professionally represents the department.
- Provide work in agreed time-frames, managing expectations of internal customers and others.
- Manage the administration of the Company reward schemes.
- Manage and coordinate employee events.
- Oversee the HR Information System ensuring that data is complete, accurate and fit-for purpose.
- Proactively provide information and support to the Head of HR and all senior managers.
To apply for the role of Head of People Operations near Maidenhead, your profile will closely match:
- Demonstrable experience of managing an HR team.
- Experience of driving organisational change.
- Experience of managing HR remotely, across multi-sites.
Demonstrable experience providing HR service to medium/large sized organisation (personal client group of 300+).
- Excellent understanding of employment law and HR practices with special emphasis on ER and performance management.
- Experience of managing and advising managers with a high-volume case load.
- Has a background of employee consultations e.g. TUPE and/or redundancies and/or restructures.
- Demonstrate own Continuous Professional Development with emphasis on keeping up to date with changes in employment legislation.
Skills & Abilities
- Proficient in advising on/managing a range of ER issues e.g. long-term sickness, conduct etc.
- Ability to proactively advise managers and implement tactics to promote skills growth.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to influence people at all levels of the organisation.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Enjoys multi-tasking, with positive results.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Competent in MS Office and HRIS.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to inspire and motivate others.
- Results oriented.
- Strong customer focus.
- A commercial approach to work.
- Good team player.
- Able to work independently.
- Influencing skills.
- Stakeholder management.
You will hold a full driving licence and have the willingness to travel across the UK (approximately twice per month) with occasional overnight stays when required.
This role offers a full benefits package.