HR Manager / Brighton / HR / Personnel
A leading business based in the Brighton and Hove area are seeking a HR Manager on a permanent basis.
As HR Manager you will be responsible for:
- Lead and develop the HR service, including staff and managers in all business areas
- Monitor recruitment activity to ensure the service meets the needs of the organisation
- Establish mechanisms for auditing and monitoring compliance
- Put in place corrective actions based on outcomes of data analysis.
- Aligned to the management development training provided by the Head of Service, Organisation Development provide direct support to managers and guidance documents to assist performance management in a wide range of employment situations.
- Provide advice on sickness and absence management, including compassionate, special, annual and study leave to managers and those with delegated responsibilities. You will address and support cases with complexity and promote the development of others to manage this over time.
- Measure workforce contribution, through key indicators.
- Develop a consistent experience at all stages of the employee lifecycle, ensuring development of online processes to ease management effort for a range of transactional work.
- Ensure key work is automated to improve efficiency and productivity and modernise communications with external and internal stakeholders.
- Determine a programme of policy rewrites, review and updates in line with planned legal changes and ensure staff handbook is accessible, user friendly and signposts staff to policies and FAQ's.
- Regularly assess plans and ensure a plan of work is conveyed for the future
The ideal candidate is studying or has completed any of the CIPD levels with a varied HR management knowledge base to build upon in this new exciting opportunity.
Salary is DOE but in the range of £32-35,000 plus benefits