Head of HR
Henlee Resourcing is working in partnership with this high growth, specialist and entrepreneurial business based in West Swindon to recruit a talented Head of HR on a permanent basis.
You will be part of the leadership team, reporting into the CEO, determining the strategic direction and growth of the business ensuring people are at the forefront of the business agenda.
Typical / Key Activities:
- Design and implement the People strategy and plans aligned to business objectives
- Support and develop the HR function
- Represent the People strategy in significant business decisions / challenges, providing the appropriate input and solutions
- Make decisions and provide coaching and guidance to senior stakeholders to support the growth and development of the business
- Manage the HR budget (c.£0.5m)
- Interpret and present People data and analysing figures on staff turnover, cost per hire etc. identifying opportunities and risks as appropriate
- Manage complex and escalated grievance and disciplinary cases as required
- Develop remuneration policies with reference to external benchmarks
- Champion a performance culture and continuously review productivity and employee development making recommendations for improvements
Skills set required:
- The ideal candidate will be MCIPD qualified with a proven track record operating as a Senior HR Professional in a complex global business
- Extensive experience in HR, having held previous positions of seniority
- Able to establish credibility and build department accountability
- Able to problem solve and demonstrate operational and strategic skills
- Experience of acting as a role model is essential and leading teams
- Comfortable in developing team members and empowering staff
- Demonstrates commercial acumen - partners with the business to deliver commercially focused people strategies and has a good overall understanding of company finances and uses this to develop policies
- Solid employment law knowledge and proven experience of applying updated legislation to a variety of HR situations
- Evidence of having a passion for working with people and working beyond the confines of the job description
- Outstanding communication skills - able to deliver bad news and give it a positive outlook as well as ability to influence board members
- Proven organisation skills and ability to prioritise
- Thrives on constant change
- Experience of business mergers and acquisitions and / or TUPE
- Confident of operating and influencing at senior management level
- Able to work extended hours and travel at short notice
- Experience of merging different business cultures
- Experience of global business mergers, acquisitions and start ups
- Experience of employment law in countries other than the UK (e.g. Dubai, Australia, South Africa, Germany and America)
This an exciting opportunity, supporting a fast-paced expanding entrepreneurial business and leading the HR development agenda across the business.
If you possess the above skills with a professional and proactive approach, with the ability to communicate concisely, effectively and persuasively we are keen to hear from you ASAP.
Henlee Resourcing is a specialist full service human resources recruitment consultancy operating across the South West, M3, M4 and M5 corridors.