Head of Pay and Reward
A leading Animal Welfare Charity with offices near Horsham are looking for a Head of Pay and Reward to join their wider Human Resources and Personnel team
A leading Animal Welfare Charity
Role of the Head of Pay and Reward:
- Following the outcome of the strategic reward review, build a full reward strategy for the next 3/5 years which builds on the outcomes of the change project to meet the on-going and future organisational needs in relation to the pay and reward agenda across all divisions of the Society (Inspectorate, HQ, branches, field operations) and all levels, including the Executive. This will include the essential role that Reward has in cultural change and transformation within an organisation.
- Reflect how comparative organisations (not necessarily in the charity sector) are meeting their Reward challenges and what are the predicted future trends over the next 3/5 years
- Working closely with the Director - gain buy in and sign off of the Pay and Reward element of the People Strategy post reward review and put all required pillars and mechanisms in place for short and long term delivery.
- This post reward review activity is anticipated to detail (as a minimum) the design and implementation of:
- Tracking of post reward review activity in relation to the changes made to the pay and reward processes and highlight any trends/risks and potential remedies
- A comprehensive and inclusive process by which salaries can be reviewed fairly and consistently in line with Society timescales, building in - it is particularly important that this is effectively communicated and engages every level of stakeholder across the organisation
- Design and implement the new pay framework following the reward review
- Develop and communicate the Reward & Recognition strategy to all of the organisation, developing and publishing a Reward calendar so that timescales, roles and responsibilities are clear to all stakeholders.
- Translate (working with Finance and People teams where required) Reward and Recognition strategy into new policies, processes and procedures including relocation, travel & subsistence, pensions, pay and allowances and accommodation
- Determine and maintain pay structures and organisation design, working in conjunction with the AD - Operations and Head of Resourcing to develop and implement organisational structure changes
- Design and be accountable for future job evaluation protocol and implementation, including overseeing the panels and communication of decisions
- Work with Resourcing on job profiling and job evaluation methodology.
- Design processes by which the reward structures and pay rates are benchmarked nationally and locally, including participation in national & local remuneration forums
- Provide input and data to inform annual business budget setting and to support the AD - Employee Experience with pay negotiations
- Manage and communicate the benefit schemes - working to ensure synergy and cost effective arrangements with suppliers
- Manage, advise and communicate on pension issues - utilising pension resources available
- Design and lead the annual pay review process, in collaboration with the AD - Operations
Experience for the the Head of Pay and Reward:
- Experience of strategy setting and policy development in a complex, commercial, multi-divisional organisation.
- Extensive Reward specialist experience in a multi-location organisation with exposure to operations teams. Experience within a fast paced, service environment such as retail or fmcg industry would be advantageous but not essential.
- Ideally experience of working within a unionised environment
- Thorough knowledge of best practice in Reward & Recognition practices.
- Track record as a reward and recognition professional in a commercial organisation of a similar scale and diversity
- Ideally, well networked within the reward community
- Experienced, driven, passionate and successful Reward professional with experience of leading and inspiring a team.
- Able to demonstrate a track record of successfully implementing a reward agenda that has made a difference to an organisation
- Equally strong delivering hands-on reward initiatives as well as influencing the strategic agenda
- Experience of working to support and influence senior managers as well as providing reward and recognition support to a range of employees across geographies and a Head Office environment