HR Business Partner - Biotechnology
Led the UK HR function.
Collaborate on exciting harmonisation projects with a forward thinking global team.
My client is a hugely successful and creative biotechnology firm - listed in Inc. Magazine's fastest growing companies, not only is it an incredible place to work it has a huge future ahead!
- Work in partnership with the London based management team to provide trusted HR business partner advice, guidance and support to deliver the global Talent Strategy and Talent Plan;
- Collaborate with the global Talent function, contributing at both a strategic and operational level, identify and recommend Talent/ people initiatives and priorities in line with company goals
- Ensure that the global team of HR Directors/Business Partners are aware of local trends so that company-wide Talent initiatives are properly informed with insights gleaned from hands-on work within departments.
- Manage the local HR Officer responsible for Talent Operations procedures and initiatives.
- Ensure effective learning and talent development plans are in place, outsource external training where necessary and work with Global team to implement global training programmes, including management development;
- Recruitment & retention - manage talent development and succession planning; taking overall responsibility for recruitment activity in London;
- Liaise with Global team on Talent strategies across the wider business;
- Maintain the UK reward strategy to meet the business and people goals; liaise with benefits providers, and act as central coordinator for UK annual salary, bonus and LTI share allocation;
- Oversee the company' employee performance review process. Ensure that all employees have set clear goals based on company and departmental objectives, and that quarterly and annual reviews are completed;
- Oversee the UK reporting and people metrics processes ensuring accuracy;
- Consider HR trends and provide management intelligence on KPIs to the Global team and locally;
- Oversee the UK Payroll process and liaise with Finance to meet statutory compliance and annual statutory submissions (P11D, Auto Enrolment);
- Ensure successful management and development of one HR Officer directly reporting to you.
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development or relevant degree (or equivalent)
- Proven generalist experience including the ability to work at both strategic and operational levels
- Fully conversant and up-to-date with all aspects of employment law and HR best practice
- Experience in the development and implementation of employment policies and procedures
- Experience at recruitment interviewing and assessment at a senior level
- Proficient in the use of MS Office applications, email and the Internet
- Proven management skills
55-60k basic + benefits.