People Development Manager
Henlee Resourcing is working in partnership with this highly specialised / niche Organisation based near Abingdon / Didcot to recruit a talented and experienced People Development Manager on a permanent basis. The role is ideally full time however 4 days (pro-rata on salary) will be considered as will full time condensed into a 9 day fortnight.
Reporting to the Head of HR, you will lead on talent development and early careers, supporting new and existing employees with a wide range of learning opportunities to enable them to acquire the knowledge, skills and behaviours to deliver the organisations goals now and in the future. You will take responsibility for the L&D function, growing the Graduate Scheme recruitment, growing Apprenticeship Scheme recruitment, early careers - Summer placements, MSc projects, PhD fellowships and responsible for the Professional Development Scheme that oversees the Mentoring Scheme.
- Responsible for supporting the Head of People in setting the L&D strategy aligning to current and future capability requirements
- Responsible for the management and development of staff in the various sections: this will include recruiting, development planning, performance management, building a culture of continuous improvement to increase the effectiveness.
- Actively participate and contribute as a member of the HR leadership team, identify and promote opportunities to build cross team collaboration and through coaching and mentoring, enhance the overall capability of the team.
- Supported by the Head of HR, HR Strategy Manager and OD specialist, establish a long-term talent development strategy (including a strategy for early careers), for the organisation to enable it to meet its growing capability and resource needs whilst embedding cultural shift towards a more commercial organisation
- Oversee the functions (L&D, Graduates, Apprentices) to ensure that detailed annual plans and budgets are produced and that the leads gain stakeholder buy in.
- Oversee the functions identifying, procurement and delivery of a cost-effective solutions looking for best practice to meet the business needs e.g. CBT, Apprenticeship Levy, Graduate Assessment etc.
- Identify best practice and provide innovative learning solutions for all in the organisation to enable an effective learning culture, knowledge transfer etc whilst reducing cost / time where appropriate.
- Ensure inclusion and diversity in obtaining access to learning and ensure that all delivery is bias free.
- Ensure that policies are in line with regulatory requirements deliver compliance in line with best practice to support the delivery of the programmes now and the future.
- Responsible for defining and implementing a coaching culture to help support line managers identifying competence and skills gaps to grow the capability of the organisation, both technical and managerial.
- Develop and gain buy in for leadership development which supports the succession plan for the organisation.
- Oversee performance metrics to assess the effectiveness of L&D and Early Careers activity, compliance, value for money, etc.
- Chair the Professional Development Scheme leading the co-ordination of Continuous Professional Development activity across the organisation.
- Lead on the mentoring programme ensuring that mentors are appropriately trained, and that quality of mentoring is consistent and appropriate.
- Ensure compliance with external standards and requirements in relation to competency assessment and early careers development.
- Take holistic oversight of the team's budgets that include the L&D Training budgets (including management development, technical training and the long-distance learning budget), Graduate and Apprentice budgets totaling in the region of £800k.
Qualifications and skills:
- Educated to degree level or demonstrable equivalent experience
- CIPD Qualified to L7 (Diploma) or willing to work towards
- Experience of, or demonstrable understanding of early careers recruitment and talent development
- Experienced trainer and facilitator competent to work at all levels including managers
- Confident to deliver presentations and attend senior level meetings
- Experience in HR, general L&D / early careers
- Organisational skills to manage the delivery of an L&D programme to time, cost, quality
- Excellent team management and people skills and strong influencing skills with the ability to challenge robustly
- The ability to manage and report on budgets / performance metrics
- Good awareness of the use of IT databases
- Enthusiastic and motivational
- Coaching qualification is desirable
If you are looking for a challenging role and possess the above competencies, we are keen to hear from you.
Henlee Resourcing is a specialist full service human resources recruitment consultancy operating across the South West, M3 / M4 / M5 corridors.