HR BP - Part time
HR BP post in Bristol, perm part time post, to £50k pa - exp. essential. Job share.
Your new company
Engineering technology company which works internationally. The long established organisation provides global engineering services to the defence, nuclear, aerospace, transport, power and energy, and security and resilience industries. They nurture talent and encourage innovation. They offer diversity.
Your new role
This is an opportunity for an experienced Human Resources Business Partner to be based in the Bristol office. This role is part of a job share and offers a working pattern of Wednesday, Thursday and Friday (circa 22.5 hours). The successful candidate will be joining the current HRBP team who look after the offices in the UK and Australia, however, this role is "standalone" in terms of the base office apart from your job counterpart.
This HRBP role is to work in partnership with management and leadership to ensure that the company continues to be an employer of choice. To work at operational and strategic levels of the organisation to ensure compliance with employment law and internal governance frameworks. You will need to build ongoing and sustainable relationships in the organisation, building trust and respect will ensure that the Human Resources function are trusted as advisors to the business on all aspects of the company and seen as professional practitioners of human resources.
This role is more strategically biased rather than casework/ER focused but you must be willing to support in this area too:
- Partnering - to be accessible to the business and meeting regularly formally and informally with all areas of the company to build relationships, support and enable our business strategy. Owns single point of contact for allocated business areas.
- Coach - to be a trusted coach in the organisation to help leadership and management to learn, develop, grow and solve real business problems. Practising coaching both formally and at all possible opportunities to enable people to be empowered to guide themselves.
- Employee Relations - to own employee relations cases within allocated business areas to ensure that timely and effective support and interventions are provided where things are not going right. Equally to champion the employee's voice to aid the business in decisions making, change etc.
- HR Projects - Leads HR projects both within allocated business area and also across the company as a whole.
- HR Shared Resources - works in partnership with allocated business area to identify and utilise shared services available to deliver on business as usual activity e.g. what's in policy and procedure and project activity.
- HR Administration - by exception and where resources are not available in HR Operations team enact required administration to enable the business to deliver on time and to the required standards.
- Learning & Development - to ensure that all employees receive needed learning and development to deliver to business plan and to develop and grow horizontally and laterally in the organisation. From championing development opportunity, to talent and succession planning, to partnership working with Learning and Development specialists.
- Strategic Contribution - To ensure that the business keeps in the forefront the agreed business plan including behaviours and activities that lead to the vision of maintaining a position of employer of choice. To have a people plan pertaining to allocated business areas which is regularly reported back and shared to ensure Human Resources and wider company are on track to deliver the strategic intent.
What you'll need to succeed
- Significant experience in leading and stakeholder management
- Significant experience working in a human resource function of a medium to large business
- Psychometric practitioner experience and or qualifications highly desirable
- Experience working as HR Business Partner, preferably in an engineering environment
- Degree or equivalent experience in Human Resource/Business Management/Psychology
- Chartered Member of the CIPD (Chartered MCIPD) highly desired
- Maths and English GCSE or Equivalent
- Coaching qualification desirable
What you'll get in return
Great working environment and career develoment coupled with full range of benefits:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days' holiday entitlement
- Holiday sale and purchase scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Targeted professional development
- Life assurance
- Private healthcare membership
- Bonus scheme linked into company performance
- Paid membership fees to a professional institution
- Support in attaining professional membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Share purchase scheme
- Flexible start and finish time
- Season rail ticket loan
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.