HR and L&D Manager
JOB ROLE: HR and L&D Manager
JOB TYPE: Full time Fixed Term Contract (18 Months)
HOURS: Mon - Fri
SALARY: £42,000 - £48,000 + Car Allowance (£6k approx.) + bonus and many other great benefits including 8% pension matched, Life Assurance, Private Healthcare, Benefits Website Scheme, Gym Membership, Eye tests to name a few.
LOCATION: Hemel Hempstead with travel to other UK sites (No overnight requirements)
Sector: Facilities Management (FM)
Ashley Kate HR are currently supporting a leading organisation, based in Hemel Hempstead, in their search for a HR and L&D Manager. This role is offered on an 18 month FTC however there is a strong possibility this role will go permanent (however no guarantee).
Reporting to the Head of HR and Director of Learning and Development you will head up HR for a business unit (BU) of around 700/800 heads. This is, in essence, is a standalone position and so the role requires a candidate with a strong experience in the Facilities Management (FM) sector and a good blend of HR and L&D experience. FM experience is essential for this role.
You will have responsibility for ensuring a professional and consistent approach to all people related issues is taken across the business unit, will provide day to day HR support, and will focus on some key projects to help move the business unit forward and further develop their Investors in People accreditation status
The ideal candidate will be a proactive and imaginative Learning and Development Professional who is a credible communicator and a true team player. Candidates from a Manufacturing / Engineering background will be highly desirable.
- Day to day business partnering support
- Delivery of the BU's strategic objectives including delivery of key elements of the people plan.
- Help the business improve its Investors in People accreditation status
- Development of a competency framework and training matrix which covers both technical and management competence
- Development of a suite of training (both internal and external) which supports the training matrix
- Deliver internal training as appropriate
- Coordinate annual PDR process and analyse training and development requirements identified
- Support the existing talent review processes
- Support the Director of Learning and Development in the L&D Strategy
- Work with the wider HR team on other projects such as; development of company-wide policies [e.g. induction], apprentice recruitment and development and other HR and L&D projects as required.
- CIPD qualified or equivalent
- A experienced HR and L&D professional with demonstrable experience in a busy FM environment
- Experience of:
o delivering HR and organisational projects
o writing job descriptions in an FM environment
o designing and delivering training in an FM environment
o devising organisational training development plans
o writing individual and organisational talent and development plans
- Experience of job evaluation systems is an advantage but is not essential
- The ability to work with and influence people at all levels
- The ability to work on own initiative and independently, but with the ability to feedback and participate in a wider team
- Excellent organisational skills and a high attention to detail
- Motivated and enthusiastic with a strong desire to succeed
- Confident manner with the ability to communicate with all levels of management
- Well-developed presentation skills
- Demonstrates a high degree of personal integrity and discretion
- Ability to manage pressure with conflicting demands and to prioritise workload
- Must hold a driving licence and be willing to travel
In this role you have the chance to really make a difference along with developing your own skills and knowledge.
If you are interested in this role please get in touch.
If you are interested in this role, please apply or contact Ashley Kate for further details.
Ashley Kate specialise in recruitment nationwide for temporary, contract and permanent roles. We give equal priority to our candidate and client relationships and ensure we deliver a highly professional consultancy service at all times.
Ashley Kate operates as a Recruitment Agency for the provision of permanent candidates and as a Recruitment Business for the provision of temporary candidates.