Part-Time Office/HR Co-Ordinator
HR and Office Co-Ordinator
Your new company
Working for a professional marketing communications organisation who offer fresh thinking, strong capabilities and a first-class service. This Office/HR Coordinator is a fantastic opportunity to join a progressive and forward thinking business. The role will be based on a part-time basis over 3 days per week located in central Preston.
Your new role
The office and people cordinator will work alongside the managing director and internal management team to help create a first-class environment for our people while bringing a machine-like approach to our office and back office operations.
People and HR responsibilities:
- Reviewing and maintaining HR records
- Booking training courses for staff
- Supporting the recruitment process from initial contact, reference checks and collation of relevant paperwork
- Induction of new staff
- Assisting with staff appraisals and interviews
- Assisting with HR issues as they arise
- Management of our staff well being programme
- Supporting the process for developing and implementing the firm's HR protocols and best practice
- Coordinating team events including socials
- Co-ordination and monthly updating of the employee time sheets system, including population of the management reports by transferring data using Excel
Office / workplace responsibilities:
- First line responsibility for managing the office on a daily basis, arranging cleaning, managing alarm systems, security, stationery, etc.
- Managing our supplier partnerships including our cleaners, IT advisers, insurance providers, facilities suppliers and liaising with our landlords
- Managing supplier contracts and the price negotiation process
- Arranging travel and accommodation when required
- Maintaining all office records and paperwork
- Answering the main reception and directing calls to the right recipient, fielding unwanted sales calls as appropriate
- Welcoming clients and visitors
- Receiving daily post and deliveries and passing these onto the correct person / department.
- Stock management of the office, including stationery equipment, furniture, IT equipment and kitchen consumables
What you'll need to succeed
The successful candidate will be an attentive and diligent individual. If you're ultra-organised, able to solve problems before they become problems and great at getting stuff done, this could be a brilliant, challenging and rewarding position. Exceptional organisational, communication and interpersonal skills are necessary in order to succeed in this role.
What you'll get in return
- 25 days' holiday (pro-rata) plus bank holidays
- Employer contributory group pension scheme
- Development and training
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.