A HR Advisor is required for a Manufacturing company based in Southend
Your new company
A well established, growing organisation based in Southend requires an experienced HR Advisor.
Your new role
- Provide clear, effective and legally compliant advice, guidance and support across the full range of HR activity, ensuring the best outcome is delivered.
- Provide HR support for employee relations case work including disciplinary, grievance, appeal, absence and performance management.
- Build effective working relationships with employees at all levels, providing advice and guidance on Company Policies and Procedures, legislation and risk to support understanding and ensure effective communication of good HR practice.
- Provide HR support when consulting with employees on issues related to workplace relations and terms and conditions of employment.
- Provide an efficient, effective and customer focused HR service which supports all aspects of an employee's relationship and engagement with the Company.
- Proactively influence and support services to improve employee relations, including applying mediation where appropriate.
- Ensure the Group Senior HR Advisor and HR Manager are informed of all cases, escalating complex and/or high risk cases.
- Support the development of strong communication and feedback channels with all employees through a variety of mechanisms to support employee engagement.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to Supervisors/Managers to improve confidence and people management capability and enable them to self-serve.
- Create, coordinate and deliver value added HR learning and development initiatives.
- Monitor, review and update Company Policies and Procedures ensuring compliance with current legislation. Play a major role in work reviews and change processes, ensuring continuous improvement of HR practices. Maintain current and accurate information within the HRI's and process robust management information aligned to business needs. Undertake projects which will support achieve Company objectives.
What you'll need to succeed
To be successful you will have previous experience of working as a HR Advisor. You will have a proven, practical experience of managing complex employee relation cases and excellent Employment Law and best practice knowledge. You will be able to independently take a commercial, risk based pragmatic approach to issues and offer solutions and advice in line with company policy.
You will be comfortable working autonomously, using your initiative. Ideally you will be CIPD qualified or equivalent.
What you'll get in return
This is a great opportunity for a HR professional to join a well established,friendly team, where you will gain fantastic exposure across a true generalist role.
- Health Care Cash Plan
- Contributory Pension Scheme for eligible employees
- Employee Assistance Programme
- 24 days holiday (in addition to UK bank and public holidays)
- Life Assurance
- Company Sick Pay Scheme
- Free car parking
- Early finish of a Friday
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.